ID badge no longer gets you through security?

Arent you wearing your uniform?

Of course not...how would I be able to drink beers if I was in uniform? :)
This calls for adaptation....now head through security and right to the restroom, where you enter your stall (makeshift telephone booth) and become Superman. Of course, now everyone that saw you go in as a pilot and come out in regular clothes will be suspicious.:D
But wait, there will not be time to do this....since you just spent 45 minutes in the ticket line!

well, ive never done such a thing but....... I heard that ppl would list themselves on their airline so that they wouldn't have to stand in line. IT doesnt have to be where u are going, just to get thru security. I've gone thru with boarding passes from 3 different airlines at one time. IF you list yourself as first class, you can go thru the first class lines like at DEN.

Yeah but then the problem you run into with that is when you get one of those nifty passes with the Super Sexy Strip Search on it. The idea of having to have anything other than my crew ID to get through any security line is ridiculous. What happened to that amendment to the AOSSPs from a year or two that siad an employee of any carrier with an approved security program is allowed to pass through with just his/her badge? I know that amendment exists because I've seen/read it.

I don't see the problem. If you're working, you're in uniform. If you're jumpseating, deadheading, etc, get a ticket before security.

How about next month when I leave the crashpad to go to my recurrent ground school(which takes place in the sterile area of the airport) and have to jump through hoops because I am "not working". I wont be wearing my uniform to 3 days of classroom. Stupid rules.

How about next month when I leave the crashpad to go to my recurrent ground school(which takes place in the sterile area of the airport) and have to jump through hoops because I am "not working". I wont be wearing my uniform to 3 days of classroom. Stupid rules.

Sounds like something your airline should be working out with the airport.

As for the drinking, if your jumpseating you shouldnt be drinking anyway, keep the uniform on for a few extra minutes while you go through security.

If your non-revving then you can get a boarding pass. If your non-revving out of an airport that has a 45 minute line, then I also bet they have kiosks that you can walk up to. IAD has them everywhere. The most un-used ones are down near the Taxis. I still say keep on your uniform, it really wont kill you to wear it for a few more minutes.

In my opinion these crew badges are pretty stupid. They are printed up by the company and can easily be faked since there are so many of them. The TSA guy only glimpses at it for a second and Im pretty sure all he cares about are the big "CREW" words. But he has no idea what the difference is in any of the probably 100 airlines that go in and out of his major hub airport. Same goes for the uniform, anyone can buy one online.

What they really need is an official "crew" badge that is government issued, much like a SIDA badge.

I can't believe nobody has said...

"CREWPASS must PASS" yet... sheesh.

The much LARGER issue, is, WHY do i have to go through security ANYWAYS? You will take the leatherman that i may use to take down the plane... but still let me though?!? completely stupid, and using crew pass is much more secure anyways. If you look the part, and act the part walking up to tsa, 90% don't bat an eye my way.

Rob, i'm guessing you don't commute. Soon enough you will be sick of being treated like a walking Special Services desk in airports where you are unfamiliar. If i am riding up front, i will go in uniform, as it gets less questions from Pax. In the back, I much prefer to be discreet, that way i can play my psp, listen to music, or sleep without fear of looking like a slob/young kid etc. in front of the people who pay for my meals.

v1, Do you work for the TSA or something?

SIDA badges are airport specific and have very limited use for flight crews who go through security all over the country.

Boarding passes? Hell... I can print one right now for virtually any major city pair on the planet. Not really a big deal, all it takes 5 min and a printer.

Crew badges are of course company specific, but obtaining one involves just a bit more than 5 minutes on ebay.

Personally, I get frustrated when new regulations pop up with no warning. Regulations that do nothing to enhance security, all they do is inconvenience those who try to follow the rules. And make a potential nightmare for those who do happen to say, spill coffee on their uniform shirt in order to avoid 6hrs and 2 legs of "so, are you a pilot" questions.

Finally, do you REALLY think someone who goes to all the trouble of faking a crew ID badge with suicidal aspirations would think twice about throwing down 200 bucks for a real, live boarding pass?

I can't believe nobody has said...

"CREWPASS must PASS" yet... sheesh.

The much LARGER issue, is, WHY do i have to go through security ANYWAYS? You will take the leatherman that i may use to take down the plane... but still let me though?!? completely stupid, and using crew pass is much more secure anyways. If you look the part, and act the part walking up to tsa, 90% don't bat an eye my way.

I guess this is my point.

I too hate going through security. It especially pisses me off when I see a TSA guy walk through and the alarms go off and he keeps on walking.

I hated it too when I was in HPN and my airline booked me for a flight only hours prior to departure, so there I was in uniform with an SSSS boarding pass and getting molested in front of the passengers, yet the next day I flew into the same airport.

Crew pass has got to be put into every airport. We shouldn't have to go through security.

And yes, I do feel for you commuter guys, I understand your complaints, but I personally feel that security at the airports suck. When I can walk past a gate agent in a uniform and just shout my destination and they dont ask for any ID or can barely tell that I am in uniform because I have a trench coat on and no hat, something is wrong.

v1, Do you work for the TSA or something?

SIDA badges are airport specific and have very limited use for flight crews who go through security all over the country.

Everytime I go through security and see the "now hiring, starting at $35k" sign at Dulles I think I should just quit the airlines and go to work for them.

And notice I said "something LIKE a SIDA" badge, not a SIDA badge.

I'm going to test this tomorrow afternoon. Thank you for the heads-up.

I am going to attempt to jumpseat out of EWR to my family's house for Christmas, in civilian clothes. I'll have a uniform packed in the suitcase if I have to do the Superman routine in the bathroom outside C-3. Will let you know the results.

Exactly. I don't need a box cutter. #1, there's a friggin CRASH AXE behind my FO, and if I wanna take the plane somewhere it's not supposed to go....I've already got access to the flight deck.

Tried CREWPASS for the first time in PIT the other day, and was amazed at how easy. It definitely works, works well, and the TSA is happy with it (the TSA gentleman that brought up my CASS data was happy as a pig in mud, sitting with his coffee on the quiet side of TSA, browsing myspace on another laptop).

Well, as of two days ago they hadn't changed the program. Heck, I even went through the crew line in a terminal my airline doesn't serve, not in uniform. Magic.

It doesn't matter if you wear your uniform at the southwest concourse in SAN. If you don't work for SW, you have to get a gate pass, period. I've never needed anything other than my ID at any other checkpoint anywhere (I usually do wear my uniform, but not always) other than at EAS airports that don't have computers past security.

It doesn't matter if you wear your uniform at the southwest concourse in SAN. If you don't work for SW, you have to get a gate pass, period. I've never needed anything other than my ID at any other checkpoint anywhere (I usually do wear my uniform, but not always) other than at EAS airports that don't have computers past security.

I've made it many times from SAN to SMF on SWA with my non-SWA uniform in the SWA terminal in SAN. They've never once questioned me. I just did it a few days ago in fact.

MSP you just need your crew badge to get through security. Doesn't matter if your in uniform or not. I dont understand why the crew pass system hasn't become used more. Is it too big of a liability for airline companies? They figure things are working just fine for them now so why change????

MSP you just need your crew badge to get through security. Doesn't matter if your in uniform or not. I dont understand why the crew pass system hasn't become used more. Is it too big of a liability for airline companies? They figure things are working just fine for them now so why change????

Because it takes on average 2 years for the TSA to implement a new program that works well and makes sense. If they need to whip up a knee jerk reaction to make it look like they're actually making the skies safer.....15 minutes.

I love how PVD makes me take my ID out of the holder... but only looks at the area visible when it was in the holder??

oh well

Yeah, they came up with a rule that you have to HAND the ID to the TSA goon. I've got something I'd LOVE to hand those blueshirted Nazi wannabes.

Back