Ice - Wimpy or Wise?

Then there's deice boots that stop working. Oh, they run just fine during the preflight test, but when you actually need to use them they aren't working. :mad:

...yeah.

-mini

Hey thanks for sending me the link in my personal message. Yeah I was stationed in Florida and instructed there for a while, ya know you and I worked in the same area. I've heard of you too. you Teach out of Destin now right? so you must be familiar with the area. I think I had a couple of my students go to you because they got fed up with the Air Force Aero Club. well thanks for all the post you seem very insightful. looking forward to hearing from you more often. keep in touch.

No, go here and post http://forums.jetcareers.com/pictures-from-the-road/

:yeahthat:

Your that AGI that teaches out of Anchorage right ? I've heard about you all the way in Florida. All the student pilots at my FBO want to attend your ground schools. When are you going to do a PPL distance learning class?

Temps have not rose above 26 above, but the wind kicked into gear and has been blowing 30G45. All that moving air scoured it right on off for me. :)

I can't believe I'm thinking about moving up there. Until a few days ago temps were in the 80s in Texas and I was hanging around by the pool reading to pass the time.

If you move up here get ready to fight with this kind of stuff. I went out at lunch break today to remove snow and found a 1/2" to 3/4" layer of solid ice under the snow. It is baked on solidly and seems truly robust - as far as ice goes. I don't even want to contemplate how much it all weighs.

Makes me wonder two things...Why do I live here, and, will 53J ever leave the ground again?

3061393699_9c843cb4fe_b.jpg

3062233550_87004c2692_b.jpg

Back