IBC Metro down

If they find out the company was cutting corners or being unsafe they need to put them out of business and charge the owners. Sick of some of these scumbag operations exploiting
pilots needs for turbine time. Provide a safe work environment.

Lately? It's actually daily. You just don't hear about many of them because they don't make the news. Check out the NTSB website and click on any month of any year, and youll see that there are multiple accidents every day; not all fatal of course.

True, but the frequency of accidents being posted on JC seems to have picked up recently.

Lately? It's actually daily. You just don't hear about many of them because they don't make the news. Check out the NTSB website and click on any month of any year, and youll see that there are multiple accidents every day; not all fatal of course.

True, and I'd imagine we're still down significantly compared to the last decade.

A very sad news for me. I did my CFI with one of the pilots and he was very helpful and supportive. He even borrowed me the money for the check ride when I ran out of cash. A great friend. I will never forget. God Bless their souls!

RIP

If they find out the company was cutting corners or being unsafe they need to put them out of business and charge the owners. Sick of some of these scumbag operations exploiting
pilots needs for turbine time. Provide a safe work environment.
Unfortunately many of these companies still only get a proverbial "slap on the wrist" from the FAA... Especially if passengers aren't involved. You would be horrified at most of the 135 ops in FL.

True, and I'd imagine we're still down significantly compared to the last decade.

For GA, it appears fairly consistent year to year, decade to decade; though I haven't counted actual numbers, that's just first glance. The only point being that for those shocked or surprised whenever a plane crash occurs, just know that they're always occuring everyday, from minor to major and from non-fatal to fatal. Just not all make the news.

I still fly the metro just enough to keep current in it.
No doubt keeping your man-card current. ;)

IBC is pretty notorious down there. My buddy that knows the CA said he interviewed at another corporate job recently bc "he wasn't sure how much longer he'd survive..."

That was last week.
That should not be something that an employee of an air carrier even thinks about, let alone says. Shut them down.

No doubt keeping your man-card current. ;)

We fly wimpy metros with auto pilots. Heck, some of them couple to the GPS and can fly a perfectly coupled ILS approach.
.....Not Brasilia wimpy though. I only have first world problems in that thing. :)

We fly wimpy metros with auto pilots. Heck, some of them couple to the GPS and can fly a perfectly coupled ILS approach.
.....Not Brasilia wimpy though. I only have first world problems in that thing. :)
Goodness, it's as if your employer expects you not only to survive, but thrive. :sarcasm:

Some of the PR ones have what I would classify more as an "auto-pilot". As in, it's there, it does "work", but will try to get you violated. :)

This is the GPS in our Metro:

558962_10152108565792932_1662433881_n.jpg

That's all it does. Nothing else.

Back