I want an airplane -help me spend my money

I want an SR-20, hard to justify it. My wife says I'm a turtle because I overthink things. But I want an SR-20.

I've heard mainly negative things about the Franklin 220. Tough to find parts and people to work on them.
You can't walk down to univair and buy parts, but you can call and get them shipped next day if need be. We have shops up here that overhaul them. So...

I'm not a pilot and so this may be totally off the wall, but what about:

ces-336.jpg

They seem cheap enough, don't have the retractable gear expenses, they're certainly big enough for your needs, but at over 20 gph it may not be something you'd like to fuel too often.

So, I found a Mooney C model with a garmin 430 and lots of speed mods. It is in pieces at the moment. The owner walked away after he couldn't pay the mechanic bill and lost the plane in court. I might be able to get it 0 smoh, new prop and fresh annual for mid 40s. The timing is not so good as I have 4 months of training remaining. So I'm still shopping.

We got our ASA 101, 103 and 104 a couple of weeks ago but Fountaine Pajot has discontinued the Mahe 36.

Nukem said:
So, I found a Mooney C model with a garmin 430 and lots of speed mods. It is in pieces at the moment. The owner walked away after he couldn't pay the mechanic bill and lost the plane in court. I might be able to get it 0 smoh, new prop and fresh annual for mid 40s.

That's a pretty good price for a plane with 0 on the engine. That plane should go for another $15k.

Dear Santa...
crop_06f_dj2015_stadsklev-4041_live.jpg__1072x0_q85_upscale.jpg
You want the one that actually won the competition. It'll make you the worst pilot ever because the technique they use is the worst I've ever seen, but since it has about 4 feet of suspension travel it works well.

Attachments

• video2.mov
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
Back