I survived calcapt's landing

At first he blamed XXXX (name witheld to protect the innocent), his FO. Can I say that???? Maybe I should wait until Calcapt is back on JC again before I say any more...........

One of the prerogatives of a captain is to deflect your shortfalls to others and accept praise when undeserved. It's a system that seems to work quite well for me. :crazy:

Man, you're taking a beating, Calcapt. What's the saying, "any landing you can walk away from is a good one?"

Man, you're taking a beating, Calcapt. What's the saying, "any landing you can walk away from is a good one?"

That was my point in the title of this thread...........the little nose gear "incident" ................well ...................I likely don't even have to mention that.....................Calcapt knows how fond I am of him ..... and ............I don't want to hurt his ego too badly..........he is so sensitive.........that is why all the women love him............

I think women (and men) love him for his down-to-earth nature and the fact that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He certainly is a character!

Hey! How did I get dragged into this? MY landings are uniformly smooth and silky. That's why ALL the Ladies LOVE the 'Pede.

Hey! How did I get dragged into this? MY landings are uniformly smooth and silky. That's why ALL the Ladies LOVE the 'Pede.

It is because secretly we all want to be you :D :D ........ be with you...........whatever it is......

That was my claim as well until Toria snuck onto one of my flights (seat 1A I might add), and discovered small chinks in my armor - I don't taxi smoothly, I am jerky on the flight controls, don't articulate well on PAs and of course I don't do so well landing the airplane. Then she spills the beans to all my JC friends that Calcapt might, and I emphasize might, not be the consumate aviator that many here believe. I am supposed to go to Las Vegas in a couple weeks to join my JC peers in a celebration of sorts. How am I supposed to look my JC friends in the eyes and believe for a moment that they are not laughing inside knowing that achieving mediocraty is a stretch for me? I will likely show up in disquise and hide my identity. I am thinking the Calcapt legacy is more or less over.

Hey Velo, you better closely check your passenger manifests from now on as it took just once allowing one of these JC girls onboard to totally invalidate my hero status. While it is true that my stellar reputation may have been established largely on half truths, exaggerated accomplishments and a willingness on the part of my FOs to lie about my talent, it was all I had. Now, it has been taken from me...

I wish ALPA insurance had a policy for Loss of Being Cool....:bandit:

Calcapt might, and I emphasize might, not be the consumate aviator

Everyone has a bad day (I had one several years ago, one time). Take heart, except for departure and landing, the ride was fairly smooth; and it was a lovely day to make the four-hour trek.

I simply inquired if I should judge your skill set on one landing. It was you who chose to accuse yourself of farce in all of your skills. Now I feel so badly, like I have to make something up to you...or something.

Now, it has been taken from me... I wish ALPA insurance had a policy for Loss of Being Cool..

That, my friend, would be an extremely high risk policy at best. Egos are so fragile. :)

Well, I guess if there's any "making up" to be done----Vegas is the place, baby! :p :crazy: :D

Listen you two, great landings come from a combination of skills. All it takes is a long, smooth approach. Gentle, precise manipulation of the controls. Natural, seat-of-the pants stick and throttle work...applying and reducing thrust when necessary. A soft, silky touchdown followed by a long, luxurious rollout using minimum reverse thrust and a loving touch on the brakes. Then a stately taxi to the gate so the passengers can revel in the experience they've just had.

Nothing to it, really.

Perhaps Vegas would be a good time to allow all the JC ladies an opportunity to make things up to me. A damaged ego and feelings of invincibility will likely require significant counseling and therapy sessions. I'm just saying....;)

Ice cream is a good start.:)

Back