Hypothetically Speaking....

The ordinary flu has killed 12,000 Americans and infected 22 million so far this year. And it still has another month of peak flu season to go. But you guys keep on worrying about this instead of worrying about Karen who spreads anti-vax nonsense and doesn’t have any of her six hellspawn vaccinated while they’re at school around your kids.

The ordinary flu has killed 12,000 Americans and infected 22 million so far this year. And it still has another month of peak flu season to go. But you guys keep on worrying about this instead of worrying about Karen who spreads anti-vax nonsense and doesn’t have any of her six hellspawn vaccinated while they’re at school around your kids.

This times a thousand!

It surpassed SARs deaths with at least five times as many people in hospital as the total SARs cases. That means it's not as bad.

Not necessarily.

A virus that spreads more 10x readily and has a longer incubation period would be way worse even if the mortality rate was 1/10 that of SARS.

Not necessarily.

A virus that spreads more 10x readily and has a longer incubation period would be way worse even if the mortality rate was 1/10 that of SARS.

The mortality rate isn't as bad. But the total number of deaths is already worse, and the potential for worldwide spread is significantly worse. Because the symptoms of SARs were much worse, people went to the hospital quickly after contracting it. With this variant, since the symptoms are mild for most people, they are less likely to seek treatment, staying in the wild and potentially infecting others.

Officially, we will do it with droplet precautions N95, safety glasses, gown.

Unofficially, we got hold of an isopod and some PAPRs with hoods.
DFD0FB5D-8860-4570-978C-DBECF07BD026.jpeg

How’d I miss this party??? Wow...this early Feb thread was an interesting read in light of the last 4-6 weeks.

I was going write that it did remind me of Ebola. We didn’t have the training or the equipment at that time, and the company wasn’t providing either. We did let the leadership know that they could contact Phoenix Aviation down in Cartersville. That was the place with the ex-Danish AF Gulfstream IIIs, I believe the only ones in the country at the time, that were configured (negative pressure?) to safely carry such patients.

As for the role of FW EMS, there’s a reason RW EMS (aka HAA) has it’s own section in 14 CFR 135. FW EMS is nothing more than on-demand. No capes.

Back