How much did you fly this year? - 2022

Jesus, that’s a long flight round trip is over 4000Nm from padk to Vladivostok lol, what a billy badass.

imagine doing a 4000nm flight where you have to find a airport in the aleutians when you land lol.

I think they launched those flights from Japan or somewhere in the more western pacific, but he did say the navs were pretty good at their jobs :)

23231B9B-BD54-4A0C-83F6-78BCBA9466F4.png

641:17 block, 1280:13 pay. Biggest month was June - 150:27, smallest was December - 84:43.
95 nights away from home.
Went from 85% in seat to 25%.

I remember when I joined this site 10+ years ago and seeing everyone's maps and hoping I could do that someday.

Well, first full year on the GIV and I say it looks pretty busy.
618 hours on the year
Not sure how many RONs but I counted at least 35 nights in TEB.
map.GIF

I don't know how to do the map, but if you can imagine a 6 to midnight boner straight from PHX to SEA a thousand times, with the spray blasted between OGG and FAI, that is my contribution to humanity this year. There is no need for map data east of ID. That is the area where SWA cancels flights for a week to drive up shareholder LUV

*I'm actually not being funny, the only time I put an east heading on the nose was coming home from the islands (where you really have to work hard to have a GNE big enough to miss America), or heading to GEG or BOI. I'm not sure there is anything beyond BOI.....

Last edited:
I don't know how to do the map, but if you can imagine a 6 to midnight boner straight from PHX to SEA a thousand times, with the spray blasted between OGG and FAI, that is my contribution to humanity this year. There is no need for map data east of ID. That is the area where SWA cancels flights for a week to drive up shareholder LUV

*I'm actually not being funny, the only time I put an east heading on the nose was coming home from the islands (where you really have to work hard to have a GNE big enough to miss America), or heading to GEG or BOI. I'm not sure there is anything beyond BOI.....
Any time in PUW?

262.4 hours this year. That's the second most I've flown since 2012 when I jumped back to 91/135 from 121. 284 in 2015 was the most and I think I would have passed that this year had I not spent 24 days in Savannah for G280 initial.

Big year for me.

Legs: 198
Block: 564
Total credit: ~1380
(I guess we count vacation and sick in there?) First 5 months of the year were on reserve so the split was about <400 credit first half of year and ~1000 credit second half. Some of that sweet, sweet ULCC soft money for me, though!

Best month: November, 252.8 credit

1672677215724.png

I guess we used to do a lot of pickups out of Pullman/Moscow, stories I hear make it sound like quite a party area with the university so the GGW thing checks out

Yeah I think it is probably the smallish size, two universities (other being down the road in Moscow), and not a whole lot else to do. Similar vibe to the ag university I graduated from.

I grew up in Coeur d’Alene and Pullman/Moscow was just a gas station stop on the way to Seattle.

You went through Pullman to get between Couer d’Alene and Seattle? That’s an awful long detour just to avoid driving through Spokompton.

Maybe they had cheap gas there. KPUW was one of the few places that pumped auto gas a while back. I do agree with your comment, though. Maybe he was thinking of George, WA. As an aside, I just bought a commercial building/residence in Palouse, WA. Anyone ever been there? Not "the" Palouse. The actual town of Palouse.

Back