How many of your Jepps are up to date?

SpiraMirabilis

Possible Subversive
So in the tradition of posts like 'How much weed is too much?' or 'Are rolls OK in a Seminole?' I have a good one: How many of you have your Jepps up to date? I have to admit, I was one revision behind until recently (they stopped mailing them to us and its just a pain to go down into the DEN dungeon/crewroom to get them) but I did and updated my Jepps -- however I've flown with my other guys who are sometimes 2 or 3 revisions out of date. Its not uncommon to do the revisions on one of our longer flights (1hr) and just holding off until you get a leg with a flight thats more than 30 minutes long.

The weird thing is that I had been one revision behind for a while but immediately after updating I get a fed in the jumpseat and what does he want to see? My jepps! I was like 'sure dawg, they tight!' but I can't imagine the terror I would have been in had I not done the update.

Do you (or rather does someone you know) ever go without updating their jepps for a while? Whats the worst case you've seen/heard about?

I'm sure they're not. I haven't been to work in a month and won't be back for another 8 days :)

I'll probably have about 2 hours of revising to do before I fly again.

My Jepps are up to date, but not my CFM. They hand out the Jepps like candy, but its like they like to keep the CFM revisions to themselves.

We have had the FAA doing checks in IAD for a month now. We had upper management actually come to the IAD crew room and ask to see our manuals and jepps.

Up to date. Rev 19 was completed today.

Not really too hard to do honestly. Then again maybe I'm just anal about staying current.

Our company doesn't mail them to us, thank god. Now that's just an amazing waste of money.

They are available in our Chief Pilot's office for pick up. Now, what they did when they had other crew bases, no clue. But I would imagine something similar.

Obviously I didn't actually say 'sure dawg' to the FAA Safety Inspector, I said 'Yessir'. But that is not as funny to relate.

Jepps?? what are jepps?

No doubt. We're rocking the LIDOs, fo' sho. (That one's for you, Zap. :) )

Although, I did just finish the LIDO update from hell (took an hour and a half) along with the massive FOM update, and the new CFM. I like how we got a temp revision for the new CFM before it was even out.....

No doubt. We're rocking the LIDOs, fo' sho. (That one's for you, Zap. :) )

Although, I did just finish the LIDO update from hell (took an hour and a half) along with the massive FOM update, and the new CFM. I like how we got a temp revision for the new CFM before it was even out.....

yeah i did 0838 while i was on RRL last week. and does that really surprise you about the TR?

There has been a big push here to get them done in a very timely manner. If I pick them up the day of a trip, I'll put in any revisions for airports I will be flying to that day. The rest I finish on the next reasonable overnight or during cruise. (BTW that was the last official word I was given from our higher ups on how to keep out of trouble with the feds regarding JEP revisions.)

Apparently in the past the feds found some people that were 2 or 3 revisions behind and so they really cracked down. Not a good thing to neglect if you are 121, or anyone that files IFR on a regular basis.

I keep the updates in a pocket in my bag. The worst case scenario is if I pick up a new one and there's one still in my bag then I sit down and do them both. 9/10 I do on the first overnight of that trip.

Oh man. For some reason I just assumed once you got to the airline world that Jepps were magically taken care of for you.

Jeez. Time to reevaluate this career. :)

Can I use NOS charts? Or is that against policy?

I haven't done a Jepp revision in over a year! Did I mention that the company provides a fully updated, world set on the aircraft?

When I was at USAir there were a few ladies who worked in the crew-room who started a little "business" on the side doing Jepp revisions for cash.

You would write them a check and they would go get your flight-kit and your revisions from your mailbox and POOF... they were magically done for you. :)

Some of the younger guys got their girlfriends/wives to do it for them...

I only got away with that once before my wife caught on.

Yeah, not me. If I let my wife do them, I'd have IAH plates in with HOU plates, and if YMX was removed, I'd be missing YUL. :)

Same here. One thing I try to do religiously is keep my charts and manuals up to date.

Back