How is a Pilot "Professional"?

Backpack for the ladder to the 747 upper deck on my deadheads, 5 o'clock shadow because mine grows out relatively quickly and I'll have it after a 12 hour day.

Ladder? On the cargo birds? It's more like an angled staircase with spartan amenities, hardly a ladder. :)

This here, is a ladder to the deck:

KC.jpg

Ladder? On the cargo birds? It's more like an angled staircase with spartan amenities, hardly a ladder. :)

View attachment 28067
Those guys would do well with a backpack. :)

Here's what I'm referring to, and yes, it can be climbed like a steep set of stairs. I still felt like I was going to fall down it one day carrying a bag and face plant the side of the airplane, though.

IMG_0170.JPG

Here's what I'm referring to, and yes, it can be climbed like a steep set of stairs. I still felt like I was going to fall down it one day carrying a bag and face plant the side of the airplane, though.

Cool stuff there. Love the cargo birds.

I flew with a guy that brought a flight kit (we don't carry flight kits anymore), a duffel bag, a big laptop case and a big stack of magazines (like at least a foot tall). He literally (yes, literally) had junk strewn across the cockpit and it was a three-man 757 trip so you know the cockpit isn't all that big.

And he smelled like BO.

Ungh.

I flew with a guy that brought a flight kit (we don't carry flight kits anymore), a duffel bag, a big laptop case and a big stack of magazines (like at least a foot tall). He literally (yes, literally) had junk strewn across the cockpit and it was a three-man 757 trip so you know the cockpit isn't all that big.

And he smelled like BO.

Ungh.
Three-man 757 trips are why I was actually somewhat glad when the 757 got parked at my last company. That's almost all we did, with the exception of the LAS-HNL stuff (which I never saw anyway). We were jammed up together in the cockpit, but at least we had to stop for gas halfway to Bishkek!

Three-man 757 trips are why I was actually somewhat glad when the 757 got parked at my last company. That's almost all we did, with the exception of the LAS-HNL stuff (which I never saw anyway). Brutal.

It was a pain. Passengers hated it, stews hated it, pilots hated it.

Two-man, it's fine, but three-man… Sheesh, I know it was a placeholder during the lie flat mods, but whose idea was that madness?

And he smelled like BO.

Ungh.

We've flown together?

IMG_0170.JPG
I have about killed myself on those stairs before. The railing collapsed on me going up while carrying my usual rain forest worth of paperwork to be signed before departure.

View attachment 28067

I got to poke around in a 135 a few weeks ago...needless to say, I believe I made the right choice 7 years ago. I'll take my stairs, bunk, big windows, lack of refueling and frequent overnight gas stops ANY day.

And he smelled like BO.

Ungh.

What type of magazines?? Sometimes bigger IS better!

This is a surprising fact. I was once with a buddy in Boston. It was raining, so he went out to flag down a cab with the only umbrella. He came back after 15 minutes, and I said, "No cabs drove by?" He said several drove by, but he was the wrong color for them to stop. It's amazing that happened in Boston. I would expect it in South Carolina, but Massachusetts?

Sadly, it happens here in DC a lot.

Back