HOURS NEEDED! JOB WANTED! I NEED TO FLY!

Which airlines is the best to fly with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it common to break out PIC and 'solo'? I have a baby aviation resume (I'm not remotely hireable yet, but I wanted to feel like I was doing something useful...) but I don't have 'solo' listed, just PIC. The only "solo" I have in my logbook is from my days as a student pilot

-Fox

yep plus the fact that she has 50 hours sim and thinks it counts for something. but the SE seems high for ATP
indeed they are ATP numbers. I got my private through another flight school in KSLC, but finished off the rest with ATP

I just wanted to have an idea of which airlines to apply to once i am able to, thats all. Thanks for your comment though

Focus on step 1, not step 15. You don't go from 250 fresh comm to any of those airlines. If you are curious of where to apply, when you have the time, look at threads on regional airlines or flying freight.

Go hang out at airports and get to know people. You'd be surprised at the people you will meet, and the people that other people know. I'm sure there are plenty of folks that have gotten jobs through cold calls, but most of the people I know who got cool jobs got them through just hanging out and knowing other pilots. I don't have enough civilian aviation experience to know if this holds true elsewhere, but in my line of work (military flying), being a good dude is often a bigger selling point than being god's gift to flying. Obviously you need to be competent, and being awesome is icing on the cake, but people tend to want people around that they like and that they know are hard working/reliable. Just my .02

Is it common to break out PIC and 'solo'? I have a baby aviation resume (I'm not remotely hireable yet, but I wanted to feel like I was doing something useful...) but I don't have 'solo' listed, just PIC. The only "solo" I have in my logbook is from my days as a student pilot

-Fox
Not really. I don't know many people that keep track of solo time.

I just wanted to have an idea of which airlines to apply to once i am able to, thats all. Thanks for your comment though
well good for you for being goal oriented...

...but...like previously stated...you don't go from 250 hrs to a major...when you have 5000TT and 2500 turbine , throw in 100-1000 Turbine PIC, then you can apply(and be competitve)...and apply to all and maybe someone will bite..

good luck

I can definitely emphasize- you need hours to get a job but you need a job to get the hours. Definitely get your CFII. With the fall/winter season coming more people will be inclined to get their instrument ratings and having a CFII will give you an advantage.

I don't know the scene at SNA, but at LGB it's basically ATP (which you know about), Long Beach Flying Club, Aces High, California Flight Center, and Angel City Flyers. You might need to widen your search to Fullerton, Torrance, Chino, and Corona airports.

I can definitely emphasize- you need hours to get a job but you need a job to get the hours. Definitely get your CFII. With the fall/winter season coming more people will be inclined to get their instrument ratings and having a CFII will give you an advantage.

I don't know the scene at SNA, but at LGB it's basically ATP (which you know about), Long Beach Flying Club, Aces High, California Flight Center, and Angel City Flyers. You might need to widen your search to Fullerton, Torrance, Chino, and Corona airports.
Or Van Nuys. Or even Camarillo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back