Hotel room tips

Sometimes our hotels are too fancy for our own good. Example. Coffee cups are actual mugs. I can’t take those out of the room to the van. Would it kill them to give disposable coffee cups like every other place?

First world complaint, I know. Just saying :)

Our hotels that look like mini apartments. Eg, Residence Inn Marriott types. Those are actually pretty decent hotels and rooms, and I imagine pricey. I hope the prostitute crowd sticks to the motels.
Laurence-Fishburne-as-Morpheus_The-Matrix.jpg

I have some very bad news for you.

Residence Inns are barely mid-tier Marriott properties and many (most?) are franchises.

Prostitutes are errrr'where at all levels of hotel. This isn't Edward picking up Vivian on Hollywood Blvd in "Pretty Woman". Think of Cheryl Ann in "Catch Me If You Can"! :) Ha!

Last edited:
Those sound like high level prostitutes.

What scares me are the MEM prostitutes that would knock my door at 2am asking if I was looking for a good time during recurrent at Pinch-a-nickle.

Even if you think you're in a hotel that's too high class for prostitution, I have some news for you - "business" surges in cities hosting major events. Superbowl, derby, MMA, NCAA championships, conventions... The laborers go to where the customers are, doesn't matter if it is a Motel 6 or Four Seasons.

motel6.gif

Do you even sustainability?

I just want a damn coffee to go. Not to mention, those mugs are dirty AF. Maids don’t clean that worth anything, and I don’t carry dish soap with me. Using face or shower soap isn’t my idea of a fun time making coffee in a hotel.

ESG is just woke garbage that companies are doing for participation points.

I just want a damn coffee to go. Not to mention, those mugs are dirty AF. Maids don’t clean that worth anything, and I don’t carry dish soap with me. Using face or shower soap isn’t my idea of a fun time making coffee in a hotel.

ESG is just woke garbage that companies are doing for participation points.

[In a Regis Philbin voice]

"Now get this.. you can carry YOUR OWN coffee cups! Disposable or reusable!"

Domestic, I'd carry a reusable water bottle because I'm a weirdo plus I don't like the taste of most bottled water.

My wife got the same thermos for Christmas but I didn't remember buying it for her.... WAIT A MINUTE?!!!!?!?!!
I got a cute lil coral pink one that fits under all the various coffee machines I encounter at work when my 20 oz doesn’t.

Even if you think you're in a hotel that's too high class for prostitution, I have some news for you - "business" surges in cities hosting major events. Superbowl, derby, MMA, NCAA championships, conventions... The laborers go to where the customers are, doesn't matter if it is a Motel 6 or Four Seasons.
One of my favorite Cirrus clients had a warehouse in a small northern town known for hunting lodges. They had some sort of 2-3 week boom during the summer, where the town tripled in size. Like a bird shootin' Sturgis. The lodges matched the theme; the names were all things like Beaver Cleavers or Rump Riders. Picture where McMurray from Letterkenny would go to hunt.

He said every year they he'd get requests by traveling... • groups, I guess you'd call them... to rent out his employee housing for their business. He declined. "My closet's full of t-shirts and jeans, but I got more class than that."

I got a picture from one of the airports around there... lemme find it for an edit...

Edit: Here we go.

IMG_3452.jpeg

Back