Hotel room tips

This thread is really inspiring :bounce: I will say that my typically failed bidding strategy is normally based on good hotels and/or pairing, and/or proximity to known good food. Or I guess the islands if I'm feeling the urge (which typically checks all those boxes). There are a surprising number of those trips out there that nobody wants. I get that the redeye returns aren't for a lot of people, but 24-30+ hrs is a lot of me time. And the Poke/Udon spots are way better. Also surprisingly to me, HI has pretty decent beer. Strange thing for a Navy person to say, but the first time I ever went to any of the islands was flying myself in an airliner there.

There are a surprising number of those trips out there that nobody wants. I get that the redeye returns aren't for a lot of people, but 24-30+ hrs is a lot of me time. And the Poke/Udon spots are way better.
As one of my buddies who’s been SEA based for about a year says about the lines there “everyone’s trash is someone’s treasure”

As one of my buddies who’s been SEA based for about a year says about the lines there “everyone’s trash is someone’s treasure”

And there will always be someone more junior who is probably just happy to have a line. Amongst the bottom feeders of line holders, I will say that my ideas of what nobody would want are normally wrong........but it is a little like the lottery. Sometimes I get my 14th pick, other times I get my 430th :)

This thread is really inspiring :bounce: I will say that my typically failed bidding strategy is normally based on good hotels and/or pairing, and/or proximity to known good food. Or I guess the islands if I'm feeling the urge (which typically checks all those boxes). There are a surprising number of those trips out there that nobody wants. I get that the redeye returns aren't for a lot of people, but 24-30+ hrs is a lot of me time. And the Poke/Udon spots are way better. Also surprisingly to me, HI has pretty decent beer. Strange thing for a Navy person to say, but the first time I ever went to any of the islands was flying myself in an airliner there.
There’s absolutely nothing at all wrong with this!!!

Back