HOT!!!

badbudda

I was told this morning by David Traynor's replacement Amy that no FOLs will be issued in the future and probably not until October. Everything is on hold! THe FAA is reevaluating their requirements. I assume this means classes too but the FAA site still has the 28/29 Jul classes scheduled. You might want to contact your HR rep but this is what I was told.
This is NO joke.

I was told this morning by David Traynor's replacement Amy that no FOLs will be issued in the future and probably not until October. Everything is on hold! THe FAA is reevaluating their requirements. I assume this means classes too but the FAA site still has the 28/29 Jul classes scheduled. You might want to contact your HR rep but this is what I was told.
This is NO joke.

What?! What do you mean no more FOLs? What about people waiting to attend their PEPC?

Is it just a temporary delay due to the FAA fiscal year ending or are they completely redoing everything now?

Take this post with a grain of salt.

I highly doubt the FAA would be posting two additional job announcements today, authorizing new announcements for the AT-SAT if everything was stopping.

Sure they might hold out on a few FOLs until the new fiscal year starts but that doesn't effect people from PUBNAT2 and beyond, since it was doubtful they would get to class before then anyway. Wouldn't surprise me to see PEPC's continue, and the newer announcements take the AT-SAT as scheduled....

The whole "reevaluating their requirements" thing is a little nuts though...will they be easier or tougher??

I took that to mean their "staffing requirements" not the "eligibility requirements". Fact of the matter remains people are retiring and they need to be replaced.

Again, we are hearing a message relayed through someone we don't know and don't even know if THAT person has the right story. Take it with a grain of salt.

The whole "reevaluating their requirements" thing is a little nuts though...will they be easier or tougher??
Maybe just sheer numbers of trainees. I was told last week there would be 70 developmentals at ZDV next year. Seems like a lot to me.

I took that to mean their "staffing requirements" not the "eligibility requirements". Fact of the matter remains people are retiring and they need to be replaced.

Again, we are hearing a message relayed through someone we don't know and don't even know if THAT person has the right story. Take it with a grain of salt.

Understand what you are saying. THis is why I suggest calling your HR rep.

I can't imagine they would be cancelling all the classes in August for those of us with TOLs.
But who knows, apparently the FAA is running on emergency funding already.

Understand what you are saying. THis is why I suggest calling your HR rep.

What are we suppose to say when we call our HR rep?

"I heard on a message board that FOL's aren't suppose to be coming out now until after Sept 30 and that I wanted to know if it was true?" I don't think that I would sound very professional, and it would make all of us sound desperate & needy.

I would think that they would at least somehow notify us if this were real rather than make all of us who have already gone through the PEPC and have TOL's wait around for oblivion.

"What the FAA givith... they takith away!"

Yah there is so much generalization here.

Does she mean: No more FOLs for those that have not been processed at PEPC?
Or no more FOLs for future PUBNATs?

Of course next fiscal year is up in the air...we've already heard this from en-route guys who have yet to be scheduled for class.
It's hard to really know what's going on here. Better not to freak out yet.

What are we suppose to say when we call our HR rep?

"I heard on a message board that FOL's aren't suppose to be coming out now until after Sept 30 and that I wanted to know if it was true?" I don't think that I would sound very professional, and it would make all of us sound desperate & needy.

I would think that they would at least somehow notify us if this were real rather than make all of us who have already gone through the PEPC and have TOL's wait around for oblivion.

You would certainly hope so but I've not heard anything from my rep for the past two weeks. Maybe this is the reason why. In posting this new thread my desire was to let you all know what I was told. I honestly don't know what the hell is up. There is an article in today's Fed Week stating the FAA is in dire need of controllers. Go figure. Logic doesn't seem to come into play. If anyone is told something different please post a thread.

badbudda, are you waiting on an FOL for July 28/29th? Are you terminal? When did you get your TOL?

(That seems implied, but just want to know for sure)

badbudda, are you waiting on an FOL for July 28/29th? Are you terminal? When did you get your TOL?

(That seems implied, but just want to know for sure)

yes, I was waiting for the FOL for terminal class July 28th/29th. Received my TOL at the LA PEPC back in June. Both security/medical have been approved. This is why I thought I'd be headed to OKC this week.

This is NO joke.

She told me that only folks going to facilities in dire need are going to OKC until the end of FY08. Everyone else is on hold until FY09. Also, I don't think that she is his replacement. He is getting ready for the next PEPC. I wouldn't post their names on this board either as I'm sure they don't want every Tom, Dick and Jane on here to find their numbers and call them 8,000 times a day.

Maybe just sheer numbers of trainees. I was told last week there would be 70 developmentals at ZDV next year. Seems like a lot to me.

This would be my thought, since they just had that hearing last month which included among other things the CPC to Developmental ratios as a huge concern.

Back