Holiday gift ideas for pilots?

Cris

flying bus driver
I am a flight student and I am planning on getting gifts for my CFI and Uncle - both are certified pilots. I am trying to keep my budget relatively low, around $75 (I am a High School student), but I want to get a gift for these guys because they have been very supportive and inspirational.

My CFI is a cool guy and we have been really close throughout my training. He is a young college graduate working to get his ATP soon.

Uncle is a recreational flier, owns a farm in the Midwest where I have worked several summers in my childhood. He sprays his own crops, also owns an old T6 - but just loves planes and loves to fly. He has taken me up countless times!

So any good ideas for aviation related gifts?

Feel free to share your general ideas for other gift buyers too. Thanks.

Alcohol. Pilots never turn down alcohol.

Bacon. You can NEVER go wrong with bacon.

:)

infused-with-bacon.jpeg

For your CFI something simple like an airplane ornament and a restaurant gift card would most likely be plenty.

As for your uncle a nice bottle of scotch!

Give your cfi a nice big "PASS" on your next ride! He probably gets a bonus for first times passes..??

Uncle...scotch

Is it just me, or are people on Jetcareers encouraging a high school student to try and buy alcohol for their uncle? :)

The Spartans used to "encourage" their youth to steal food from the poor sucker Serfs. Ever see "300"? Builds Character, surprisingly.

The Spartans used to "encourage" their youth to steal food from the poor sucker Serfs. Ever see "300"? Builds Character, surprisingly.

More than steal, the right of passage was to kill a Serf. If you got caught, you were charged to the full extent of Spartan Law, if you got away with it, you were a man, and a solider.

Sparta, the original thug life.

Sparta, the original thug life.

Cept I've yet to see Tupac or Biggie at Thermopylae. What would the plaque even read? "Whassup, blood? You best get your ass back down there and tell mah n-words that here, keepin it real, rest in peace the playaz."?

I mean I'd be cool with that epitaph, personally, but I reckon Leonidas would take a bit of convincing.

Back