Holiday gift ideas for pilots?

1. Biggie and Tupac would wuss out pure and simple. Plus they would hate the spartan life style. Mostly because their currency was iron bars. And was kinda well spartan. They would likely join the Persians as QOL/pay was better.

2. In Sparta Serfs did not exist. The correct term is Hellot.

3. If I remember right if you killed for stealing. It was because you were caught for it.

So on that note when you steal the goods don't get caught ;).

IMS, a lot of the Greeks did join the Persian side most ricky-tick. Being "realistic", you know.

http://ancientworldpodcast.blogspot.com/

Good stuff.

That said, I think Biggie and Tupac woulda been smokin some fools down there at Marathon. Phalanx, bitch! Booyah!? :D

I don't think they would do that well. At best they might be red shirts. They might do well in a manaplole formation.

Oh dammit Borris I'm neck deep in the Revolutions podcast now I have to DL this.

:D

Cept I've yet to see Tupac or Biggie at Thermopylae. What would the plaque even read? "Whassup, blood? You best get your ass back down there and tell mah n-words that here, keepin it real, rest in peace the playaz."?

I mean I'd be cool with that epitaph, personally, but I reckon Leonidas would take a bit of convincing.
I think they'd fit right in. Kicking people in the chest down into the depths of hell saves a lot of time and effort compared to typical gang warfare as we know it today. Much more time to harvest and consume crops.

You cant go wrong with a copy of the latest 2 Chainz record.
Fun fact: My buddy's company was a sponsor for "Hard" this year, which was a massive rave in LA. According to him, 2 Chainz randomly attended and asked to preform. It was so random, they let him do it. That silly 2 Chainz.

Oh dammit Borris I'm neck deep in the Revolutions podcast now I have to DL this.

:D

No one can stand up to Mike Duncan, but he's friend of Duncan's, and damned good, in dithering, effete kind of way. :D

Which reminds me. When you're done with THOR, Revolutions, and the Ancient World, check out the English History Podcast, too. As distinct from the British History Podcast, which is ok, but the dude is a little too mercenary...I mean he's a lawyer, after all. But the English History Podcast is good stuff. Lots of dry "is this meant to be funny" English humor.

I still go back and listen to episodes of THOR two or three years on. It's that good. Glad someone else here appreciates.

Last edited:
Also: The History of The Crusades is pretty good. Terrible production values, but good History. I'd imagine you already know about Norman Centuries and 12 Byzantine Rulers, but if you don't, you should. Yay, history podcasts.

:)

infused-with-bacon.jpeg

I love bacon. LOVE IT. And I love bourbon so much that I nonreved from SFO to PHL and back in the same day to pick up a cat for a friend... and I did it all for a fancy bottle of bourbon.

That said, I don't like the idea of combining these 2 things.

That said, I don't like the idea of combining these 2 things.

Well said. I literally shrink from the honey-infused crap that's now crawling on the walls of the local stop-and-rob. Bourbon isn't good enough? You have to screw with it?

If you don't like the bourbon you're drinking, drink better bourbon. You'll be happier, and I won't have to come Find You for making swill out of all that is Kentucky.

Well said. I literally shrink from the honey-infused crap that's now crawling on the walls of the local stop-and-rob. Bourbon isn't good enough? You have to screw with it?

If you don't like the bourbon you're drinking, drink better bourbon. You'll be happier, and I won't have to come Find You for making swill out of all that is Kentucky.

Yep. I think bourbon is one of those spirits that permit quality at a reasonable price. Woodford Reserve is tough to beat for taste-to-dollar ratio. Single malt scotch is gonna make you pay for something smooth and tasty. But bourbon really does deliver amazing drinkability (neat) for the casual whiskey man.

By law, Bourbon whiskey must be made within the boundaries of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. That's why Jack Daniels' and George Dickel's products are Tennessee sour-mash whiskey, not bourbon.

Bourbon County, Kentucky is (or at least was) a dry county. More than half of Kentucky's are. Bourbon County also had the state's first winery. Go figure.

I'm sure they also make bacon in KY. Hopefully, only in dry counties!

By law, Bourbon whiskey must be made within the boundaries of the Commonwealth of Kentucky

Common misconception. Bourbon can be made anywhere in the US, but something like 95% of it is made in the Commonwealth. Tennessee whiskeys tend to label themselves as such because they use the "Lincoln County Process" (charcoal filtering, basically). But Jack Daniels (for example) actually meets the legal definition of "bourbon", and if they wanted to slap a sticker on it tomorrow, there's nothing we could do to stop them.

Well, maybe take a "little trip" and burn down their swillwater distillery, but nothing, uhm, "legal", quite.

Boris B. is, as usual, correct

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5) state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption[3] must be:

Bourbon has no minimum specified duration for its aging period.[6] Products aged for as little as three months are sold as bourbon.[7]

Doesn't say anything about bacon!

No. 3 also explains why 'whiskey' barrels at Home Depot are relatively inexpensive. The reason is to enable more precise taxation. New barrels have a predictable absorption rate, used ones don't. They are weighed going into a bonded warehouse to age, and weighed going out. ATF looks for discrepancies from the formula.

This is not true in Great Britain, where whiskey in Scotland is aged in old sherry barrels from Spain. After lots of use, they get pear-shaped and leaky. Taxation must occur at a different point in the production process!

(refs: wikipedia)

Well, maybe take a "little trip" and burn down their swillwater distillery, but nothing, uhm, "legal", quite.
I would be game for this if that ashwater decided to defile the name of all that is holy whiskey.

Yep. I think bourbon is one of those spirits that permit quality at a reasonable price. Woodford Reserve is tough to beat for taste-to-dollar ratio. Single malt scotch is gonna make you pay for something smooth and tasty. But bourbon really does deliver amazing drinkability (neat) for the casual whiskey man.
Bulleit. $ for $, I think you'll have a really hard time finding better.

Since the never-ending joke is that CFIs live on Ramen Noodles, how about buying him a couple of nice steaks?

Back