History of the No Furlough Clause

I have no illusions of entitlement for my year and a half of seniority, but there are many senior captains and FOs who are not shy about publicly discussing how awful living on 'just' 75 hours was. Ah, well, don't mind me. -end rant-

Yeah..those guys piss me off to no end. One of the first questions during that "meeting" (to which management was over 10 mins late to) was "so are line values going to go up for the rest of us?"

Budget for guarantee. Its not anybody elses fault but your own that you can't live within your means.

Then there's the guys who are standing around the lounge talking loudly about their new boats the day after its announced that 56 people are becoming unemployed.

At the last LEC meeting the report was, "the checks are in the mail." That was all most two months ago so I would assume yes it has been disbursed.

Some interesting news Standard and Poor's changed SkyWest Inc stock from a strong sell to a buy based on " the expectation of increased capacity next year." With ASA potentially parking 20 CRJ 200's and SkyWest losing a home for 10 CRJ 200's with Midwest where is the increase in capacity going to come from?

Mesa?

Dont count on your airline to grow based on another failure.... Because you will just keep hoping perhaps and nothing will come of it. In addition to all the negative things of seeing many others without jobs... Just not a good situation all around.

Dont count on your airline to grow based on another failure.... Because you will just keep hoping perhaps and nothing will come of it. In addition to all the negative things of seeing many others without jobs... Just not a good situation all around.
Not counting on it but....

That's actually what the CEO of Skywest Inc is counting on for growth. He said he knows its sounds bad but realistically that's the only way the company can grow anytime soon. Growth at the expense of another company's demise. And Mesa is one of the two companies they are actively watching. I heard all this first hand in jet ground school, straight from the horse's mouth as the ole saying goes.:D

IMO the 50 seaters at Mesa under Delta will probably just go off into the ether under "capacity reduction." United flying....let's just say don't bring a knife to a gun fight on that one. Everyone and their cousin is gonna be punching each other out and stepping over their brother to get that.

I hear a lot of things in ground school. I think one has actually come true. We DID get Coke on our planes. :)

Wow MEM is a hoppin place.:eek: I wish I had time enough to get some BBQ for lunch yesterday, but the connection was really tight. CVG is a ghost town compared to MEM!

Wow MEM is a hoppin place.:eek: I wish I had time enough to get some BBQ for lunch yesterday, but the connection was really tight. CVG is a ghost town compared to MEM!

Seriously? You shoulda stuck around to see what it's like during the off push time. You can see a tumbleweed blow across the B concourse.

At the last LEC meeting the report was, "the checks are in the mail." That was all most two months ago so I would assume yes it has been disbursed.

Some interesting news Standard and Poor's changed SkyWest Inc stock from a strong sell to a buy based on " the expectation of increased capacity next year." With ASA potentially parking 20 CRJ 200's and SkyWest losing a home for 10 CRJ 200's with Midwest where is the increase in capacity going to come from?

Skywest already found homes for those 10 crjs.

Growth doesn't mean new airplanes all the time it can also mean using the airplanes you have more often. In the Inc. Earnings call someone said that Skywest Airlines will sre and increase of 5 to 10% flying over the summer this coming fall. This is why LOAs are being denied here

Seriously? You shoulda stuck around to see what it's like during the off push time. You can see a tumbleweed blow across the B concourse.
LOL! On the weekends it's so dead here; that when I walk out to the parking lot, the only thing making noise is the birds chirping! I have to look at the runway to remind myself that yes I do work at the airport.:rolleyes: How many pushes are there on a "normal" day in MEM? I think we're down to four here on a normal op day.

LOL! On the weekends it's so dead here; that when I walk out to the parking lot, the only thing making noise is the birds chirping! I have to look at the runway to remind myself that yes I do work at the airport.:rolleyes: How many pushes are there on a "normal" day in MEM? I think we're down to four here on a normal op day.

Let's see....there's a mass influx around 7-8 in the morning, some going out from 9-11, come back in around 12-1, more flying out around 2-3, back around 4-5, and the last bank goes out around 6-8. So, 3 pushes in MEM. Rumors of a fourth getting tacked on have been floating around for months.

pat84106 said:
Skywest already found homes for those 10 crjs.

Out of curiosity.....where? Are they gonna do some at-risk flying?

Let's see....there's a mass influx around 7-8 in the morning, some going out from 9-11, come back in around 12-1, more flying out around 2-3, back around 4-5, and the last bank goes out around 6-8. So, 3 pushes in MEM. Rumors of a fourth getting tacked on have been floating around for months.

Out of curiosity.....where? Are they gonna do some at-risk flying?

You failed to mention the two freight pushes.:)

It's pretty much like what our banks look like here with less mainline flights. I hadn't been to MEM since I had an interview down on Nonconnah back in 2004!

Back