Hired

Do you remeber this post?
http://jetcareers.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=51922&Forum=UBB1&Words=yaroslav&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=51874&Search=true#Post51922

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you going to ask me how I knew it was you? I didn't know you were banned actually. I guess nobody would but the administrators.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah. I figured my post was full of problems. So I just corrected it.
smile.gif

Anyway, nice to see the same old people again.

Yaroslav lets not fan old fires, we have let you back, lets behave, act like an adult, and proof read before we post.

What did your Intern job duties consist of, and who did you intern with??? congrats, and good luck........are you originally from chicago?

[ QUOTE ]
My times are 370 TTL, 25 ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY $#*% DUDE!!!
shocked.gif

Thats awesome stuff ! Let us all know how new hire training goes.

My internship lasted about 5 months. I worked right through 9/11, in the fall of 2001. I basically did everything for the people in the management offices. I proofread manuals, did computer formatting, typed letters, made manual copies, made checklists/laminated, did revisions in all the airplanes, and MUCH more. Although my immediate "boss" was the VP of Ops, I was working for the President, President's secretary, DO, CP, D of Training, D of Inflight, Inflight instructor, Dir of Tech Pubs, Dir of Maintenance, Dispatchers, Head of Systems Operational Control, Crew Scheduling, Dir of Safety, Dir of Customer Service, and others. So you could say I got to know all the right people real well. Haha! Honestly though, regardless of this job offer, I would have done it again in a heartbeat. I loved working there, and I really enjoyed working with everyone in the offices, as well as getting to know a lot of the flight crews. It was a blast. I learned more than I would ever imagined I could have. I am so anxious to get back and see everyone there all the time, and I'm even more anxious to fly with some of the awesome flight crews on the seniority list.

God, please don't let me • up. Thanks Alan Shepard, that's my new saying for the next two months.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was working for the President, President's secretary, DO, CP, D of Training, D of Inflight, Inflight instructor, Dir of Tech Pubs, Dir of Maintenance, Dispatchers, Head of Systems Operational Control, Crew Scheduling, Dir of Safety, Dir of Customer Service, and others

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaaahaaa! I knew there was a catch. I'm happy for you. Good luck and don't look back! Just message us little folk ever once in a while.
grin.gif

Hey, congrats FlyChicaga!!!

Keep us updated as you "live the dream" of airline piloting... I have my fingers crossed for you during GS. I'm sure you'll do great! I look forward to your future posts about learning to be a good FO!

Congratulations!
I was in a similar situation at about the same experience level, I had 320 hrs Total when I started flying B1900's.
You have a much sweeter ride
laugh.gif
and are extremely fortunate to be able to start off with an airline.
Well done on being so motivated and chasing your dreams!

MNC

Did you get the internship through U of I? Congrats and please don't run over the C152 that might be taxiing around in front of you at MDW! (that'd be me)

wink.gif

Dave

If you are ever out to AZO or MBS let me know when you are dude, I'll take you out to lunch. I'm up by MBS this summer, and I'm in AZO during the school year.

Congrats!

John Herreshoff

Don't worry, I won't be running over anybody.
smile.gif
I fly a C172 out of MDW, and always worry one of those 757-300s is going to not see me and come charging though.
wink.gif
hehehe

John, I'll be flying into Grand Rapids and Flint all the time. Not sure how close those are.
crazy.gif

I just got my pre-employment package FedExed in today. Hmm... seems to be much more paperwork now than when I was employed with them in August 2001.
blush.gif
grin.gif

Congratulations.

My best piece of advice is to start studying limitations as soon as you get your FSM. I made flash cards from 3x5 cards. Figure out what the memory items are and learn them cold.

All this "moving up in the world" is great! I wonder who will be the first JCer to post "Hey, just successfully bid to the A380 right seat..."

I was an intern at Chicago Express also and it was definitley one of the best things I ever did. I interned last summer and then was hired by the company in the fall doing basically the same stuff I did as an intern, except I was getting paid for it. They then put me in the February class and now I'm a FO on the saab. I only had about 550 TT and 100 multi when I started class and definitely feel very fortunate to have a job here while so many people with A LOT more time than me can't find work at all.

By the way, congradulations FlyChicaga. My advise before going into class is to memorize the profiles, call outs, limitations and memory items. Once your in class just concentrate on whatever you're discussing in class. Don't worry about systems stuff during indoc, or profiles during systems. I'm sure you probably already know a lot of this stuff just from jumpseating though. PM me if you want any more advise and good luck in class.

I got my first Airline job when I had 2700 hrs, 850 ME

Guess I missed out on the "Golden Age of Aviation"

Back