HIRED!

JAM

What a great past week. All nine of my friends who interviewed from the Academy were hired by Comair Airlines. Just wanted to say congrats to all of them (some of whom are in their second day of first officer training).

For anyone looking for an academy for flight training, this should tell you something. It takes quite a lot of work to get to that point, but the fact that we are getting hired on a regular basis in these times still amazes me.

Good to see the program actually work out and not be a waste of $$$! By the way, are any of the other Delta Connection carriers hiring from the academy?

Re: HIRED! while Delta\'s FIRING!

Couldn't resist. Sorry, carry on.

yeah... with ignorant comments like that I tend to think dougy has SNAPped myself.

Hey Doug... your village called... they're missing their idiot.

Sorry.. couldn't resist.. carry on!

Seems like a red flag to me when a guy with 10 posts says that 10 people were hired ("all my friends", ok red bullsh*t flag)...

[ QUOTE ]
yeah... with ignorant comments like that I tend to think dougy has SNAPped myself.

Hey Doug... your village called... they're missing their idiot.

Sorry.. couldn't resist.. carry on!

[/ QUOTE ]

??? HUH?! ???

? me no gettie...

Are you calling Doug an idiot? If so, the Jerk store called, they're out of YOU!

BAm!
wink.gif

Dave

Perhaps I was. Hmm, somebody don't like his forum access too much, do he?
smile.gif

Actually-
I only know one guy who finished his 800 hrs of duel that interveiwed and *DIDN'T* get hired by an airline. I've been posting here since the begining of 2001. I'm sure there are others, but I never flew with them, and I certainly didn't fly with everybody there. I talked with my PVT, INST, COMM, intructor the other day, he's flying the 70 seat RJ for Comair. He loves it.

*EDIT*
Personally, I wouldn't trade my 727 freighter FE job for an FO slot with any regional, but that's because I like freight a lot more. I've worked for a Regional for a year, like I said, freight is a lot better for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like a red flag to me when a guy with 10 posts says that 10 people were hired ("all my friends", ok red bullsh*t flag)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually the number was nine. As to being his friends I have no idea, but again Comair did just hire 9 people from here, which makes over 40 pilots since January hired by Comair alone.

Doug, Sorry if you didn't like my response, but I'm tired of watching you try to make a negative about everything that happens here. I would think you would be happy for the people that are making it to the Airlines, not want to sit there and make light of them. Please correct me if I am wrong, but is Delta firing any pilots right now? I understand that many are on furlough, and maybe theres more to come, I don't know, but I don't think they are activly firing pilots.

If you want to take my access away, obviously you have that right, but then it would be so long for the freedom of expressions and opinions you like to say your webpage offers everyone.

Nah, I'm just more concerned that I've been called a idiot!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Please correct me if I am wrong, but is Delta firing any pilots right now? I understand that many are on furlough, and maybe theres more to come, I don't know, but I don't think they are activly firing pilots.

[/ QUOTE ]

[soapbox]
They have over 1,000 pilots actively furloughed. Whether they fired pilots yesterday or today is irrelevant. They also just asked for a 22% wage concession, all this while expanding in other places (Song, management personnel, bonuses, regionals). If Delta gets the wage concession they want, my folks are probably going to have to file bankruptcy, at which point my father could get terminated by Delta for 'failing to keep his personal life in order'. Believe me, it's pretty hard to be positive towards 'good news', when management is basically giving the 'phuck you' to your career. Quit being selfish, remember that there are pilots with way more experience than yourself out there on the streets. There are guys out there who've been flying professionally for longer than you and I have been alive, whose careers are in very real jeopardy.
[/soapbox]--{off}

[ QUOTE ]
it's pretty hard to be positive towards 'good news', when management is basically giving the 'phuck you' to your career. Quit being selfish,

[/ QUOTE ]
So, let me get this straight - we get b*tched at for posting negative/political/non-aviation threads, but when somebody has the "audacity" to post news of folks getting hired in THIS economy.... that's SELFISH?!!?

WTF are we supposed to post then? Care to explain?

Is that you CMartin?

Dangit, next time you disappear, I am **NOT** erasing your posts! Man, what a pain in the ass!
smile.gif
half of the database was *post deleted by Doug Taylor* and I had an inbox filled with "Where'd he go?"

did you not see my "explanation" post? I fully explained myself! Don't yell at me...it hurts my eyes!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
right on bro...BTW, should I change my name back to CMARTIN so you will know who I am?

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome back, C!!

BTW - I figured it out right after I went off on ya in the "gay" thread.
crazy.gif

Good to see you're back though!!

DUDE - and WTF were you thinking?!?!? You're gonna make a GREAT living as a whirlybird captn'!!! GEEZ!!
tongue.gif

Don't do that sh*t again.
wink.gif

Welcome back, bro!

R2F

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's pretty hard to be positive towards 'good news', when management is basically giving the 'phuck you' to your career. Quit being selfish,

[/ QUOTE ]
So, let me get this straight - we get b*tched at for posting negative/political/non-aviation threads, but when somebody has the "audacity" to post news of folks getting hired in THIS economy.... that's SELFISH?!!?

WTF are we supposed to post then? Care to explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I did a pretty darn good job of explaining my position. Basically, Doug reminded Yankee that there are negative things going on in the industry, and Yankee said he was 'tired' of Doug being so negative. I was just standing by Doug's point by adding my own family's situation into the mix--which is anything but positive. It's great that people are getting hired, but there's a whole lot more negative news going on, and Yankee thinks that should be ignored. That was my point--show some empathy to those people that are getting the shaft. And don't downplay the sh*tstorms that are taking place in the industry right now--someday it might be you!!

Back