HI

Hi from Southern California. My name is Cory, I am 15. I just wanted to stop by and say HI! Anyway, I just started flying out of KSNA, and hopefully I'll have my PPL before I end high school. I want to go to UM - University of Michigan, and recieve a BA in History, yea, I want to be a pilot, but who says you need a science degree to get hired. And it's my favorite subject anyway. I want to fly for Pinnacle Airlines, then Northwest Airlines. My life-time goal is to fly left seat on the 757 for Northwest, but before enjoy a nice time on the Airbus

I enjoy flight sim, which I fly the PSS Airbus package only, if you don't know, this package as a 80% real panel, and features, and yes the MCDU is there, and works just like a real thing, and yes again, if you don't do something right, it won't start either, so I'm proud of being able to do that, hehe. I enjoy photography - go to jetphotos.net and search "Cory Klimko" for my photos. I like to cook, swim, the whole bit.

Thats about it, see ya'll later. Looking forward to posting here more often.

--------------------
Cory Klimko
Fly The Red Tails

Why does this sound like a personal ad on Match.com (lol)?

Joking with you Cory but ummmmm isn't KSNA Class B airspace? If so I would think that flight training would be done @ an alternate airport because controllers wouldn't want to deal with student pilots when they have to deal with 757,737,A320's and MD-80's.

P.S. How many runways does SNA have?

SNA has one flight school, which is Sunrise Aviation where I am learning. In some ways it is actually better for students to learn in this type of atmosphere, because of the fact of the bigger jets around them. They'll have to be around then some time or another. At least that's what my CFI thinks.

SNA has two runways, which are 19L, 19R, and 1R, and 1L. 19L/1R is the smaller runway used for GA purposes, which I beleive is about 2500, and 19R/1L is for GA, and commercial use, and is I believe some 5600 feet long, around there.

I guess SNA is class B, but it also could be C it isn't that big.

There are many more flight schools at SNA then just Sunrise, there is: Lenair, OCFC, Royal.

I personally do not think highly of Sunrise - they are too interested in the money!!

around here, we put a little whiskey, vodka, rum, pucker, beer, tobasco, triple sec, 151, jager, hydrosine, tequila, and brandy into a tall glass and call it "The Michigan". Why? because it sucks!
shocked.gif

IOWA RULES! pissigan drools. Hawkeyes own your football @ss and were taking over the big ten.
what now!

all in good fun , but seriously you guys have about 20 seconds left to play in the 98 rose bowl. Washington's ball on your 20 something.
stop the wolverine cheating LEGACY and get back out there.

I'm gonna ignore the previous comment by Hootie. You need to choose a school based on its academics not its sports. Not to say I don't enjoy going to the football games but that's not why I'm here. I was an engineering major, I got in with a 3.75 and a 30 ACT I didn't take the SAT's. I've since decided engineering is not for me and am looking at Architecture and Anthropology with a career in medical research. This flying thing is just for fun. Michigan weather changes every five minutes so don't worry too much about it, just bring a nice winter coat!
grin.gif
Freshman can live off campus, I knew a girl who did it, but I wouldn't recommend it. Dorms are a great way to meet new people especially coming from out of state. I'm currently living off campus in a ghetto'd out 6 bedroom house with 9 people and sh*tty landlords in the student ghetto. But i wouldn't be living here if it wasn't for meeting those people in the dorms.

What's your obsession with michigan anyway? (just curious) because you mentioned in another post how you want to live here and fly for Northwest out of DTW.

Well I am from California, but lived there for five years, I'll explain. For one my family, and I grew to love the Great Lake State
smile.gif
. My pops took a job out here in Southern California, and we headed back. After living there, it tought us about people, and how they really live, back there, people didn't care what car they drove, or who's house had a better, no let me rephrase, more expensive front door. They enjoyed the simple things, snow in the winter, heat in the summer, the overall "goodness" of a sleepy midwestern town. And coming back here, we were in awe, rude, snotty, "I'm better than you because I drive a BMW, and you have a Chevy" attitude, the fast pace living, and the... amount of people. It made is grow to hate this state, 32 million people call home.

Well, news flash, it's only 31,999, 995. The last five, are pleased to call the great MI our home
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

And note, I'm not trying to affended anybody who lives, or likes CA. CA is a beautiful state, don't get me wrong, we go to the beach in the summer, dirt bike riding in the winter, mountains in the spring, and the bay area in the fall. It's just those selected few, you know. "you're nothing because your daughter isn't the prom queen, and you suck to becuase I have a pretty BMW, you have a truck" kinda people. HAHA.

Lata,

[ QUOTE ]
Joking with you Cory but ummmmm isn't KSNA Class B airspace? If so I would think that flight training would be done @ an alternate airport because controllers wouldn't want to deal with student pilots when they have to deal with 757,737,A320's and MD-80's.

P.S. How many runways does SNA have?

[/ QUOTE ]
SNA is Class C, two runways--a short one for the big boys and a shorter one for the GA crowd. I've flown into SNA a few times, very GA-friendly.

And Iain, why do I have this picture in my head of you at Huntington Beach in a beach chair with an umbrella attached to it (to protect that proper British pasty-white skin tone), attempting to chat up the hotties but getting no play despite the accent???
grin.gif

HA HA Aloft, I blend in with the sand - the accent certainly helps get the girls; it is a real easy quick conversation starter!!

Don't want to burst your bubble dude, but it's the same way here in a "sleepy midwestern town." I live up in the thumb of Michigan and the same kind of people are here. There are the same snobbish people that are around ("You are obviously worthless and stupid because you drive an F150 and not a Chevy"), and people can be the exact same way. I live in a town full of them. Instead of being rich, they're rednecks, but they act the same way.

I'm trying to get the heck outta this state, it's way too cold here!

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Don't let John burst your bubble his town only has like 5,000 people in it. I'm from metro detroit and grew up in a really nice area but there wasn't a huge big thing about what you drove or what you wore. My school parking lot had everything from corvettes and BMW's to clunky beater cars (like mine) It is though anything but sleepy, its a regular hustle bustle town filled with soccer moms and whatnot.

Now I live in Ann Arbor, and adore this city. Granted, I haven't lived here that long (only about 2 years) but if I had to live in michigan, I'd live here. theres always tons of stuff going on and happening and its very easy to keep up with the world.

Well let's just say SoCal has ALOT more, and they are the people who make nothing, but buy a nice fancy car, or spend a paycheck on a plant.

Michigan wasn't like that. Oh course there are rude, snotty people everywhere, SoCal tops the list for # that's all
smile.gif

And I considered Michigan just as good as CA, You had places like Macinaw City, Traverse City, Saginaw/Bay City, Lundington, Muskego, nice travel cities. And... and you get to actually have a Christmas, you know, a white, snowy sky, and a whit, wnowy ground, the crispt chill in the air, out here it's like, oh 75 and sunny. WTF, it's x-mas not the 4th.

LOL, too funny.

[ QUOTE ]
and you get to actually have a Christmas, you know, a white, snowy sky, and a whit, wnowy ground, the crispt chill in the air, out here it's like, oh 75 and sunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you do not like 70 degrees on Christmas day?? That is the best part of CA!! I wonder what everyone thinks when they see people outside in T-shirts and shorts watching the Rose Parade while they are freezing!

And let me guess you like pasty white woman with some added insolation rather then a nice slender tanned girl you find at Huntington??

[ QUOTE ]
And let me guess you like pasty white woman with some added insolation rather then a nice slender tanned girl you find at Huntington??

[/ QUOTE ]

Beggars can't be choosers!
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

(kidding)
wink.gif

i'd prefer to date someone that enjoys having a good time with me, and likes kids, and is okay with what I do for a living. Not some stuck-up, fake everything, blond California girl. I'm sorry. Looks isn't everything. Personality is.

[ QUOTE ]
Personality is

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree personality is key, but I have to be attracted to the girl. If the girl was not attractive at all, I couldn't date her, I don't care how great her personality is.

[ QUOTE ]
Not some stuck-up, fake everything, blond California girl. I'm sorry. Looks isn't everything. Personality is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, now wait a minute here. I was born in San Diego and am working on getting back there. I've met a lot more cool women in So Cal than ones that are stuck up and fake.

Besides, I gotta stick up for the girl I'm kind of seeing. She's from Carlsbad, and yup, she totally resembles the stereotype of a California girl but she is no blonde bimbo.

[ QUOTE ]
she totally resembles the stereotype of a California girl but she is no blonde bimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that possible?
grin.gif

Back