Heres a strange question for ya

Tommay85

Ok so Im bored as hell

I was on about a 6 hour cross country today and suddenly I just had to go.

What do you line guys do if say you need to go while at a critical moment in flight, like on approach. Because I tell you what, that is about the most distracting thing ever.

I was at 7500 ft. and about 15 miles from anything with services.

I hope this question doesnt change anyones perspective of me.
smile.gif
I just need to spice up the board a little

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Tom

Aren't you supposed to have one of those John things that they sell in Sporty's? LOL. Of course it depends on what you meant by "had to go".
blush.gif

Yeah thats what I meant.
tongue.gif

I didnt think of them might having those. Probly wouldn't be a bad Idea for someone doing a six hour xcountry flight.

Tom

Just don't be like the captain and the FO of that southwest flight this past summer that ended up flying naked.

Be a man and hold it till your bladder explodes!! Seriously - that is something that you need to think about on a long flight - I plan my trips to the lav so that the need doesn't arise during approach! If you're single pilot or have no lav or relief tube you're stuck with the 24oz Pepsi bottle you just finished or one of those John things. Or just train yourself not to need to go - I know it sounds ridiculous and it's not something I do consciously anymore but I find myself not drinking much for a couple of hours before I go fly on a long trip and I don't drink anything for the first half of the flight - I don't think I've had to leave my seat to use the lav more than maybe twice in the last 6 months.

Jason

If you don't have a bottle, or a proper sick bag (everyone should have one of those) - I think you have no other option then to stick it our of the window. I have heard of stories of guys landing, taxing off the runway shutting down, and going by the runway.

Ok seriously being a woman and having had a baby I have had to hold it. I am sure you can work the muscles like we do and learn to hold it longer.

And sorry to be just rotten but the commercial "Where will you be when your Immodium AD stops working" just keeps going through my head.
shocked.gif

Its not holding it thats the problem. It trying to land while holding it.
grin.gif

Going out the window probly wouldnt work. Probly just blow back in on you and that would be gross. I know your just kidding though.

Im getting more of a response than I thought. I though you all would just think "who the hell is this wierdo" and ignore it. You already know Im wierd anyway.
wink.gif

Tom

I agree with the sick bag.

I took girl up a couple days ago and she completely lost it. Then I smelled it and I lost it.
crazy.gif

This thread is kind of nasty, isnt it

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Going out the window probly wouldnt work. Probly just blow back in on you and that would be gross. I know your just kidding though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was more concerned of my manhood hitting the tail.

What was your longest leg? Jason said it best, you have to plan for it ... ie: dehydrate yourself a little. I too won't drink coffee or anything untill about an hour out from landing. I also avoid ice tea or anyother free refill drink at lunch if I have an afternoon leg to fly.

If the "urge" hits me on approach, I brief this will be a full stop landing with no possibility of a go around.
tongue.gif

P-Factor = When the 32oz slurpy from 7-11 catches up to you at 7500' and 15 miles from no where.
cool.gif

Actually this is a good question, it is a real world problem and some of us have good answers.

It will be interesting to see what Mike D's answer is relative to flying his A-10 over the "pond", a 13 hr. flight ... Depends???
blush.gif

I was planning to do a full stop at my second airport in my three leg round robin. But just didnt quite make it. All I had was a 20 oz. MD enroute. In a car I could go all day with out having to stop, its must be different a 7500'.

13 hours would make things interesting in that regard.

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
It will be interesting to see what Mike D's answer is relative to flying his A-10 over the "pond", a 13 hr. flight ... Depends???
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When my dad was flying F-111s, he used to have these things they called "Piddle Packs" that had a sponge type thing in them that you would "go" into, and then tie the neck off. They were just the right size to fit in one of the flight suit pockets.

He brought some home and threatened us with them on long trips. On the plus side, the prospect of having to use one of these things helps you increase the size of your bladder...
smile.gif

Also, he would mention how they would taxi up and park and then hand these off to the crew chief who met them upon arrival. I think that was what probably kept me from going the maintenance route in the Air Force...
grin.gif

The other day in the plane ( PA 28-161) that I rented I found a "receptacle" that the previous customer had used but neglected to take out. Ugh. What was even more disgusting was to think that guy whipped his thing out right there in the cockpit, did his thing, did not wash his hands, then touched every single control and surface in the cockpit!
tongue.gif
Anyone have any Lysol?

Heck, I'd pour gas all over and burn the nastyness off.
smile.gif

Id definetly soak the place in lysol and then some more.

Tom

If you think a rental is nasty, just wait until you step into your first airline cockpit!

I've found old sandwiches, orange peels, decrepid crew meals, pieces of mystery meat and a plethora of other "items" in the cockpit.

At least with a piddle pack, you at least know what was going on, but any other switch, you really have no idea.

Depends on the aircraft and if it has windows that open (or a little pilot window). It also depends on the position of the window and the size (I’m talking general body proportions like height and weight here) and flexibility of the pilot. Even if the cards are stacked right so far, you also have to consider your altitude and relative humidity to determine if said specimen would evaporate before reaching say …. Disney World.

Just talking hypothetically here.

Back