Headset: Lightspeed 15XLc?

fsuflyer

Anybody have any experience with the Lightspeed 15XLc headset? I've been thinking about upgrading so my pax can use my DC's (and I want to get an ANR set to save my hearing).

I've heard the Lightspeeds are super comfortable, plus this set comes with the cell phone interface built in. But with a price of ~$350, I'm kinda skeptical (most ANR sets are priced over $500). I'd like to hear what you guys say about this headset in regards to comfort, noise, and the cell-phone interface (can an mp3 player be plugged in also?)...

thanks in advance,
Chris

An instructor at my school has a Lightspeed 20xlc and it worked geat with an mp3 player...the music sounded good through the headset and it automatically cut off for ATC. I was thinking about getting one until I found out the Telex Stratus headsets now have the cell phone interface, too. They cost around $700, but they also have like 50db of noise protection.

Chris,

You should get your ticket first before you start thinking about your pax
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about getting one until I found out the Telex Stratus headsets now have the cell phone interface, too. They cost around $700, but they also have like 50db of noise protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

$674 at spinnerspilotshop.com then find a cfi to get the $125 rebate for you. Or, wait a month or few, and see if they run an additional $100 rebate again at the end of the year.

I have the 15XLC's and loved them from the get go. I have recently bought a set of Bose, and obviously the Bose win. However, I still like the Lightspeeds, and actually wear them more then the Bose because I let my pax use them most times.

Downside- They are a tad heavy.
Upside- A lot more comfy then my old David Clamps

[ QUOTE ]
An instructor at my school has a Lightspeed 20xlc and it worked geat with an mp3 player...the music sounded good through the headset and it automatically cut off for ATC. I was thinking about getting one until I found out the Telex Stratus headsets now have the cell phone interface, too. They cost around $700, but they also have like 50db of noise protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Lightspeeds have the cell interface as well. would figure your CFI's did as well. I will warn you the system kind of sux on the Lightspeeds(the person you are talking to has trouble hearing), i hope they are better on the Telex. I usually just put the cell to my ear, underneath the headset.

[ QUOTE ]

$674 at spinnerspilotshop.com then find a cfi to get the $125 rebate for you. Or, wait a month or few, and see if they run an additional $100 rebate again at the end of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think they are about that much at Marv Golden, but I'm too lazy to look right now. I didn't know about the rebate though. That's pretty sweet. Thanks...

Flight Essentials have the 15XLC for $349.99 with free shipping. I just got my 20XLC's from there with a bunch of other goodies but haven't had the weather to start my training yet. Hopefully monday I can get started and give you feedback on my 20's.

I'm supposed to go flying this weekend and monday so I can give you feedback on the 20's as well.

I have the 15XL's and I think they are great... The be-99 is a LOUD airplane and they work just fine IF the batteries don't go out...make sure you have a spare set on you, they are aweful when used passive. Also being that I use mine everyday, they get thrown around a little more than they probably should and they have broken a few times...Lightspeed's customer service is the best I have ever seen. Just send 'em in and they'll fix them and send them back within a few days free of charge. The next headset I get will be a lightspeed upgrade. A+

[ QUOTE ]
Either of you FSU guys gonna be in town for the UM game?

GO SEMINOLES!!
Class of '03

[/ QUOTE ]

you betcha, i believe flyingnole will be here also....andrew, you still flying the 182 (or is it the 172sp) up for the weekend?

go noles!

Back