Headset for sale, turbo-prop / jet

SteveC

"Laconic"
Staff member
I recently got a really good deal on a couple of ANR headsets. I switched from my trusty old David-Clarks when I moved to light jets, and didn't need as much noise protection.

I picked up a couple of Sennheiser (high quality German made) ANR headsets, refurbished with a two-year warranty. I've chosen the pair that I want and the other is going to be sold. I thought I'd offer them on a couple of aviation websites (JC being the best!) before I put 'em up on for sale on eBay.

Here is the headset that I want to sell: HMEC-25KA

HMEC25_normal.jpg

This headset would make an ideal pair for the turbo-prop or jet pilot that wants a nice light-weight set with Active Noise Reduction. Compare the weight (5.9 ounces) to a pair of David-Clark 13X (16.5 ounces) or a Bose X (12 ounce) and you'll see it is a very light and comfortable headset. It uses a full earcup for better passive noise reduction when compared to a typical Telex style open ear cup headset. The Sennheiser is rated at 16dB passive with an additional 15dB active noise reduction. This set might even work well in a piston aircraft, at least one that is relatively quiet, although I have not tried it. (It is almost too quiet for my tastes in the Citation, and I ended up choosing the open ear-cup HMEC-45KA to keep for myself.)

This unit is a factory refurbished headset, originally used for demos, and carries a 2 year factory warranty (starting at my invoice date of 4/4/06).

Retail list price for this headset is $769.00 You can find the exact same headset as I am selling (factory refurbished) on eBay. The very best price I can find right now on-line for a refurb is right about $390.00.

I'll let this one go to the first person that offers $345.00 (price will be $10 higher on the other websites :) )

PM me, or email: abc_123 "AT" comcast.net

That's a very good headset - I really wish I could afford it right now! I own two pairs of high-end Sennheiser headphones (for home audio use). Sennheiser is well known in the audiophile arena as among the best headphone company ever.

Chris_Ford said:
Oh so it's not good enough for you, but it's good enough for us? ;)
Too good for you. So I'll happily charge more if you want to buy it. :)

JaceTheAce said:
How is it for piston aircraft, like a 172 or Warrior?

I haven't used it in a piston yet, but it's WAY better than my DC's. I had on my old DC's, then switched to the Senn's and it was like someone put me in a soundproof room. I would reccomend them for a piston. I don't know if they'll take a beating like the DC's, so I take very good care of mine. If you do the same you'll be happy with them.

Back