Review: Clarity Aloft vs. Quiet Technologies Halo

I'm calling dibs, keep me I mind if you decide to put it up

Will do - its comfortable to the extent of any headset, I am just not a fan of the quality of the earplugs. I could make a work-a-round using other earplugs if I wanted but the whole point is not having to worry about that with a headset.

My Clarity Aloft Pro is back at the factory for the second earpiece repair in less than 3 years of use. I love the headset but the wiring to the ear piece is definitely the weak link and gives the edge to Halo.

Anybody try the Pro Plus? Looks like it may have a more robust connection between the wire and earpiece st least from the pictures.

I'm torn because I love my Clarity Aloft (using Telex 850 now while my CA is in the shop and I HATE it) but the frequent repairs are no bueno.

I've had my Clarity Alofts for a year now, and Absolutely NO complaints what so ever. Saw the reviews on the wires to the ear plugs and take my precautions while handling. Love them!

i had my first go at the CA yesterday and i was surprised how uncomfortable they were, i was not expecting that.
My issue was the metal piece that came over the ear, it was to hard and pushing to hard against my ear.
Wearing sunglasses at the same time was not a good experience at all.
So what i would like to know is how the Halos are in comparison.

After wearing Bose products during every type of flying and being completely satisfied with them, I bought a CA Link pair and wore them last week. Not very happy , and pretty sure I'm going to return them.

The link pack is just awkward and extends the cord length to the point that the battery pack has to sit on my lap or else the weight of it hangs down and pulls on the headset. Without the link it was okay, although I did get a slight pain from the band/ bracket after wearing it for five or so hours. The sound quality was good, but noise cancelling was good in the jet but isn't enough in light airplanes for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i had my first go at the CA yesterday and i was surprised how uncomfortable they were, i was not expecting that.
My issue was the metal piece that came over the ear, it was to hard and pushing to hard against my ear.
Wearing sunglasses at the same time was not a good experience at all.
So what i would like to know is how the Halos are in comparison.

Covered in the original review, but in my opinion the Halos are more comfortable due to weight and design.

Decided to share my experience. I recently purchased a Faro version of in-ear headset: http://www.faroaviation.com/in-ear-aviation-headset.html to replace my broken CA. They are noticeably cheaper than CA, unfortunately, they are also worse. The ear tips which come with the Faro is a disaster - they do not isolate much. Fortunately, they made them compatible with the CA tips, and with them they work more or less ok (though I have an impression that Clarity Aloft were more ... clear). I also had a feeling that the mike is somewhat heavier than the CA which makes it slide a bit during aerobatics; but eventually I managed to set them up to work properly upside down. Overall impression - get the CA instead.

Back