Newly Released DC One-X Headset Reviews and thoughts?

srn121

I saw that David Clark released the One-X and my Bose A-20 has had my cable start to fray a bit. I was thinking of demoing a pair and maybe even buying them if they are superior. Has anyone had experience with it yet? I can only find the reviews for the Pro-X model that was also fairly new.

Has anyone had much luck demoing David Clark headsets before?

I love my Bose, but I hate losing aux cables, hate how the aux dies out instead of lowers in volume and have never been too crazy about the passive performance (although it's much better since I bothered to replace the ear seals).

http://www.flytheone.com/index.php

I originally had the Pilot-USA ENRs, upgraded to the Bose A20s and have been looking for awhile to move on to better US made headset. I had high hopes for the Pro-X model (seemed like a lateral move at best noise wise) and have been waiting for Telex or Pilot USA to release a more quiet headset with bluetooth integration. I was really intrigued by the work over at the custom built ones at The Squawk Shoppe, but I never cared for the ENC running off 9volts and being contained in a separate unit after using something similar on my Pilot-USA headset (I never trusted the toggle to not get bumped and would've loved a switch). http://www.thesquawkshoppe.com/

If anyone else has any US built headset recommendations I'd love to hear them. I know Lightspeed has some great headsets and recently started building a lower end model in the US, but I can't bring myself to consider buying one of their foreign built models.

Bose will refurbish your headset for free if it's still under warranty, and for $175 if it's not. I've had my Headset X's for 10 years, and every time I think about replacing them, I decide that $175 is really cheap for a replacement headset...

Bose will refurbish your headset for free if it's still under warranty, and for $175 if it's not. I've had my Headset X's for 10 years, and every time I think about replacing them, I decide that $175 is really cheap for a replacement headset...

For the X, it's up to about $240 plus your shipping cost. They offer a $300 core value if you trade it in on an A20.

Tha
They offer a $300 core value if you trade it in on an A20.

That's new. I called and asked them about that once a long time ago when the A20 first came out, and they said they weren't doing a trade in...

On a semi-related note:

Anyone know anything about these new Lightspeed Tango's? I'm really intrigued by them, but have no clue as to the legality of using them in an 121 cockpit. I can't find any reference on the Lightspeed website as to them being TSO'd.

Back