Hawker 400 Overun VBT

Its pretty sad that, because of some moronic internet bloggers that OBAP would have to even put a statement out is a melange of both angry and sad for me.

To think I've been flying since 1986 and eventually becoming a LCP on the flagship airliner for one of the worlds largest airlines, that the internet wants to question my skillset.

It's pretty sad that, because of some moronic internet bloggers, that OBAP would have to even put a statement out like this. And seeing professional colleagues join in that chorus, well, I'm the kind of person who "holds on to the receipts":

View attachment 76528View attachment 76529View attachment 76530View attachment 76531
It’s like we’re slipping back in time vs. progressing. Thank (insert who you worship) for objective recruiters or we’d be reliving the stories of having apps thrown in the trash, or whatever the technological equivalent is.

Last edited:
Rumor is the elevator cable snapped during rotation. The yoke lost all feeling and the aircraft slammed back into the runway. Captain was an old white dude.

Alex.

Rumor is the elevator cable snapped during rotation. The yoke lost all feeling and the aircraft slammed back into the runway. Captain was an old white dude.

Alex.
Rumor correct. Prelim is out :eek:

"On February 14, 2024, about 1410 central standard time, a Beech 400A airplane, N95GK, was substantially damage when it was involved in an accident in Bentonville, Arkansas. The 2 pilots and 3 passengers were not injured and 2 passengers were seriously injured. The airplane was operated under the provisions of Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91 as a business flight.

According to preliminary information, while on takeoff from the Bentonville Municipal Airport(VBT), Bentonville, Arkansas, the pilot pulled the control yoke back to rotate the airplane and the control yoke was unresponsive. He aborted the takeoff, but insufficient runway remained to stop. The airplane departed the end of runway 18 and came to rest in mud and grass. During the runway overrun, the right main landing gear collapsed, and the right wing sustained substantial damage.

Inspectors from the Federal Aviation Administration responded to the accident site and visually examined the airplane. The elevator control cable was found separated in the area of the vertical stabilizer.

The airplane was retained for further examination."

Well that goes in the category of “sometimes you’re just *redacted*.”

A group I volunteered with when I lived in AZ had an aileron cable break in flight on a 172. The pilot did an incredible job getting it back down on a runway. Very happy that wasn’t me.

Control cable maintenance is an ongoing concern for the feds on the maintenance side. It’s just really easy to overlook them. IMHO we should treat control cables like we do flexible hoses and life limit them for everything from a cub up to a 747 (although I would imagine most part 25 airplanes have a life limit on them already)

Reminds me of that MD80 in Michigan a few years ago

Or the MD87 in Texas in 2021.
IMG_0451.png

Control cable maintenance is an ongoing concern for the feds on the maintenance side. It’s just really easy to overlook them. IMHO we should treat control cables like we do flexible hoses and life limit them for everything from a cub up to a 747 (although I would imagine most part 25 airplanes have a life limit on them already)
In my very specific experience control cable inspections are regular MX. I've done enough G-IV tail compartment below floor inspections that I'll order new cables before I even start, I suppose my philosophy is if you're going to remove something so relatively inexpensive it's prudent to just replace it. I'm not saying that's how everyone rolls but that's how I do it.

Back