Hawker 400 Overun VBT

KLB

Some on PJP manage to deflect this as "the airlines, women, and minority pilots...it's only a matter before they start bending metal because the have watered down their training standards..." LOL

Reactions: PGT

I LOL'd

1707958107306.png

Some on PJP manage to deflect this as "the airlines, women, and minority pilots...it's only a matter before they start bending metal because the have watered down their training standards..." LOL

Its pretty sad that, because of some moronic internet bloggers that OBAP would have to even put a statement out is a melange of both angry and sad for me.

To think I've been flying since 1986 and eventually becoming a LCP on the flagship airliner for one of the worlds largest airlines, that the internet wants to question my skillset.

It's pretty sad that, because of some moronic internet bloggers, that OBAP would have to even put a statement out like this. And seeing professional colleagues join in that chorus, well, I'm the kind of person who "holds on to the receipts":

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Why is a Corpie Facebook group, looking at Corpie incident/accidents, but making statements about One Twenty Weenies?

Yeah, because no one has crashed more airplanes in history than straight white males.

Most of the groups/ forums have become a Bingo card of things that trigger that crowd. Every time I check in there I ask myself “What’s it going to be today? DEI, Greta, misogynistic/ xenophobia or just plain old fashioned homophobia with the Gulfstream vs. Falcon stupidity….”

I’m pretty sure we won’t find a booking blotter photo of the moderators here. Or the moderator’s brother.

I haven't noticed any difference in the average skill-level between the white male C/As I fly with and Everyone Else. What I have noticed is that in the aggregate I'd rather fly with Everyone Else because, while their skill level is statistically identical, the likelihood that I will have to spend four hours listening to their various theories about how the Universe is arrayed against them is much, much lower. Which is of course all the more amusing and tragio-comic because if ever there were a group against whom the Universe is NOT arrayed...

I don't know about all that gender/race talk.

All I know is that if a Bitch-Jet ever has a problem, I'm probably not going to blame the pilot. :bounce:

Its pretty sad that, because of some moronic internet bloggers that OBAP would have to even put a statement out is a melange of both angry and sad for me.

To think I've been flying since 1986 and eventually becoming a LCP on the flagship airliner for one of the worlds largest airlines, that the internet wants to question my skillset.

It's pretty sad that, because of some moronic internet bloggers, that OBAP would have to even put a statement out like this. And seeing professional colleagues join in that chorus, well, I'm the kind of person who "holds on to the receipts":

View attachment 76528View attachment 76529View attachment 76530View attachment 76531
I guess the “positive” of people saying the quiet parts out loud is at least knowing where they stand 🫤

I don't know about all that gender/race talk.

All I know is that if a Bitch-Jet ever has a problem, I'm probably not going to blame the pilot. :bounce:

Meh. I flew it for a while. It was, I dunno. Fine. The brakes kind of sucked, but otherwise I can't think of any outstanding flaws (once they fixed the woops the engines quit thing). *shrug* I mean I don't have any lingering special feelings about the appliance, but it didn't seem unusually awful for the segment.

View attachment 76528View attachment 76529View attachment 76530View attachment 76531
It'd be pretty cool if ONE DAY, we could just have a "PILOT" association. You know, for pilots. ...Standing by.

Meh. I flew it for a while. It was, I dunno. Fine. The brakes kind of sucked, but otherwise I can't think of any outstanding flaws (once they fixed the woops the engines quit thing). *shrug* I mean I don't have any lingering special feelings about the appliance, but it didn't seem unusually awful for the segment.
The only things I know about the beechjet are:
Spoilerons
You can fix everything by beating on the correct relay behind the aft bulkhead (one of the very first mechanics I worked with had worked on them a bunch)
Guardian Ketchikan tried using one for medevac, it didn’t work very well

I've seen lots of guys out in lousy weather banging away at nose gear pins who would likely disagree. And that's just one of the ground-ops deficiencies.

More generally, when the heck are they gonna demand hush kits on those screeching beasts? They are an offense to the ear.

Last edited:
I've seen lots of guys out in lousy weather banging away at nose gear pins who would likely disagree. And that's just one of the ground-ops deficiencies.
Oh yeah, I mean it was not an amazing piece of engineering (strangely, since it came from the Gods who gifted mankind with the MU-2). But on balance I don't think it was really any better or worse than, say, a Hawker (a real Hawker). Certainly very different in detail, but kinda similar in that it was middle-of-the-road for the segment (maybe a bit better on the cabin and worse on the field performance than average). And cheaper than chips. I'm by no means singing the praises of the thing (and the MU-300, which I did fly a couple of times was pathetic, performance-wise), but it was, I dunno. OK. Like it's not a death-trap just looking for a place to crash.

Oh yeah, I mean it was not an amazing piece of engineering (strangely, since it came from the Gods who gifted mankind with the MU-2). But on balance I don't think it was really any better or worse than, say, a Hawker (a real Hawker). Certainly very different in detail, but kinda similar in that it was middle-of-the-road for the segment (maybe a bit better on the cabin and worse on the field performance than average). And cheaper than chips. I'm by no means singing the praises of the thing (and the MU-300, which I did fly a couple of times was pathetic, performance-wise), but it was, I dunno. OK. Like it's not a death-trap just looking for a place to crash.
Fair enough.

Full disclosure: I'm not a big fan of GA Hawkers either. ...probably makes sense, IDK.

I'm a tad surprised you had no comment on that Matewan link. Thought it would be right up your alley.

Last edited:
Guardian Ketchikan tried using one for medevac, it didn’t work very well

"Extremely robust" aren't words I'd use to describe it. Also as per above not a great field-performer. I guess biggish cabin for the segment would be the selling point for Medevac, but I think I'd take a pass and get a Hawker for ambo work. Also...getting a sled through that door hahahaha. But I guess that applies to all older bizjets.

I was going to joke about how in love you are with mitsu's. But I really didn't have a problem with it when I flew it... besides how long it took to fuel the trunk and brokers continuously misrepresenting it as a "Hawker" to clients which usually fell on me when the clients were looking at someone to yell at about it.

It was hilarious when someone was complaining "why do do black pilots and women pilots need to have their own organizations? Asian and Latino pilots don't have anything like that and are fine."

And then I get to point out that they actually DO have organizations. It's just a lot of ignorance going on out there.

Beechjet was fine. Faster and climbed better than a cj3, but unnecessarily complicated in every other way.

Proline 4 is hot garbage, and the thing was made up of a hundred $10k PCB's that were always in various states of disrepair and generating fault lights.

Landing and takeoff performance is worse than a gassed up G550. Every landing at my home airfield was a DAPP landing. At least I got lots of practice going to the book to figure out what takeoff configuration could get us out legally and safely.

4/10. Wouldn't turn down a job because of the Beechjunk, but wouldn't seek one out either.

I was going to joke about how in love you are with mitsu's. But I really didn't have a problem with it when I flew it... besides how long it took to fuel the trunk and brokers continuously misrepresenting it as a "Hawker" to clients which usually fell on me when the clients were looking at someone to yell at about it.
I was getting read the riot act once by some brokered passengers bitching up a storm about the Lear 35 not being up to par with what they usually get. Once he dropped Hawker on me I had to ask what kind of Hawker to which he replied a 400xp. So it did roll downhill.

The best was always showing brokered pax the lav which was adjacent to the door, they usually had a grimace of disgust and ran back inside the FBO before I could get the curtain out.

Just another day of crushing someone’s dreams of pooping in my airplane.

Back