Hawaiian is hiring

I was told by a friend who works for them that starting pay is 50K, and that their union contract is up for renewal next year.

cost of living in hawaii can be very high. hawaiian airlines dispatch office is located on the lsland of oahu. the avg price for a decent studio or 1 bed apt on the island of oahu runs between $1200-$1500/month.

our avg gas price is $4.00/gal.

if you plan on buying a home here.. the median price for a single family home is $665,000 (according to the Honolulu Board of Realtors, June 7 2012)

Exactly the point of my buddy who lives there...

Dont forget to mention the company does NOT pay for anything. you need to pay out of your own pocket for travel/hotel/car for the interview and moving to oahu, if you get hired.

I know it costs approx $1,200 to ship a vehicle from sea-hnl. So im gonna assume a 20' shipping container filled with houshold goods can run approx $1,500 - $2,000.

cost of living in hawaii can be very high. hawaiian airlines dispatch office is located on the lsland of oahu. the avg price for a decent studio or 1 bed apt on the island of oahu runs between $1200-$1500/month.

our avg gas price is $4.00/gal.

if you plan on buying a home here.. the median price for a single family home is $665,000 (according to the Honolulu Board of Realtors, June 7 2012)

This actually doesn't sound much worse than Chicago...except for the home price. However, the no move assistance thing would be a deal killer for me. It's not like they have a "rent your own boat" U-haul option.

With milk at $6+ a gallon you had better have a set of strong bones and no family history of osteoperosis. I love vacationing in Hawaii but I think living on an expensive island would get old, fast.

With milk at $6+ a gallon you had better have a set of strong bones and no family history of osteoperosis. I love vacationing in Hawaii but I think living on an expensive island would get old, fast.

Trust me it does! Its nice to visit, but to actually live here is a different story.... Job opportunitys are very limited, theres NO major sporting events here, the salt air from the ocean will turn your car and anything else metal into a rust bucket within a few years. Food is expensive, clothes is expensive, heck basicslly everything we have here needs to be flown in (which is why its priced so high) or needs to be shipped here by boat (which means you'll wait weeks for it to get here).
Yes the ocean views are very nice, but after living here for just a few years, the ocean views become old and you wont really notice it anymore..

I made the move and my pay is half that. I rent an apartment in Waikiki for $1000 includes utilities, cable and parking. Look at living in Maui as well. Less crowded, cheaper and cooler weather.

I realized moving here a lot of people just spew what others have told them and don't know anything from experience. If you are in the tourist areas everything is more expensive but when you move away from Honolulu things get cheaper. Food is slightly higher, fuel is about the same as the west coast. I even paid less for gas in Honolulu than I did in Seattle.

Every store I have been besides ABC's it is $4.15

Living on maui and commuting to work on oahu is possiable as long as you work a commutiable shift. Daily operations for interisland flights are between 6am-11pm. So if your shift starts or ends outside of that time frame, commuting is close to impossiable.
Im not sure if they can jumpseat on aloha air crago. Aloha air cargo does have cargo operations during the night, but very limited. They might fly out of ogg-hnl once or maybe twice a night.

Back