Gulfstream vs King Air

Wonder what they pay sailors who move aircraft on the carriers?
About that, give or take. A <2 year E-2 makes 1671.30 per month, not including flight deck pay, whatever that is these days.

I remember taking up a second job when I was in the Navy while an E-3/4. I delivered for Domino's Pizza. I made more in tips delivering pizza than I did busting my rump in the Navy. Kinda sad.

OUCH! The line office at Signature in STP has a poster with a lot of the damage costs for Gulfstreem. IIRC, that radome is over 200k to fix! :eek:

The Gulfstream was being towed on a slight incline and the towbar broke, Gulfstream was rolling, line guys threw some chocks under it, it rolled right over them, they threw some more down, it rolled right over them, and it rolled into the King Air that was parked at the FBO.

The Gulfstream was being towed on a slight incline and the towbar broke, Gulfstream was rolling, line guys threw some chocks under it, it rolled right over them, they threw some more down, it rolled right over them, and it rolled into the King Air that was parked at the FBO.

That had to have looked pretty comical. Looks like a G550. Those things are HEAVY. Heavier than regional jets kind of heavy.

I have nothing but great experiences with the line crew af Atlantic BNA. The only time I've ever damaged a plane was when a tow bar snapped in half and the plane rolled forward into the tug.

Alex.

Was that the official story?

Perhaps they need better preventative maintenance on the tow bars. These things shouldn't just snap...ever...

The tug driver, all of the pilots, and the executives that flew in those planes should all be fired! INCOMPETENCE CANNOT BE TOLERATED!

Come on man.... where's your sense of good old fashioned American litigation?
You're not even getting started.

Gulfstream should be sued for making an airplane that could be misused by not have automatic anti-tow-into-other-planes feature.

Beech should be sued for making a KingAir that doesn't have automatic anti-getting-towed-into features.

The tug manufacturer is obviously to blame.

The tow bar manufacturer, dont even get me started.

The FBO, well... I own them now, not even a question.

Finally, every piece of equipment including the Gulfstream's nose and the King Air's tail should have giant yellow warning stickers affixed to remind all users that towing them into each other may result in property damage, personal injury, or in some cases DEATH!

And what do you propose?

How about having a "brake rider" like the military?

To tow fighter jets you have a minimum of 3 people to move it. A tug driver, a tow supervisor, and a brake rider that sits in the cockpit of the aircraft. His job is to turn on the electrical switch and flip the brake switch to "parking" in case of a tow bar break or some other emergency where the jet needs to stop RIGHT NOW on it's own.

Granted, we can ride in the cockpit with the canopy open depending on the weather. Might be a little hot sitting in the cockpit of the Gulfstream or King Air for more than a couple of minutes in the summer with no air though.

That's what I would propose. If the aircraft costs more than $10 million, require a brake rider to sit in the cockpit while being moved in case of a tow bar failure or other.

No sarcasm. Dead serious. That's how the military avoids accidents with tow bar failures. It's saved some serious $$$ too. It's proven and it works.

If the military does it with $40 million jets. Why can't civilians do it with $60 million Gulfstreams?

So is this a FBO employee, or a crew member?

If the former; there's no freakin' way I, or any other crew, would allow that.

If it's the latter; I'm not going to hike my butt back to the airport every time they need to move me. I'd say, on average, our planes are shuffled around the hangar and ramp AT LEAST a half dozen times for every time it's pulled out for the purpose of us flying it.

Two things.

#1; Someone needs to Photoshop what the babies would look like.

#2; There was no intention of flight. Why is the FAA involved?

Back