Gulfstream Accident 12/15/2021 Santo Domingo to Orlando Fatal 9

I actually worked on it again in 2018. It would leak a bit of fuel from the keel, and Kevin told me flat out he was having issues finding two things, avionics replacements and pilots. It was still the cleanest example of a G-II I've ever worked on but it was just not financially viable anymore. Then I got to work on the G-IV that replaced it.
At one point there was talk of it being disassembled, moved and reassembled to put on display up at the Nethercutt Museum but apparently that never happened, @Old Boeing Driver I don't know where it ended up, do you?

At one point there was talk of it being disassembled, moved and reassembled to put on display up at the Nethercutt Museum but apparently that never happened, @Old Boeing Driver I don't know where it ended up, do you?
Sorry I'm late replying. I'm not here as much as I used to be. I had heard about it becoming a museum piece, possibly in Savannah.

I do not know what the current situation is with N748MN. The last I found was that it was owned by Onpoint Aviaonics LLC od Downy CA. Cannot find much about them. Looks like they may own a few other planes too.

That airplane was a piece of history. I operated across the field from them and their flight mechanic became our Assistant DOM later on.

Sorry I'm late replying. I'm not here as much as I used to be. I had heard about it becoming a museum piece, possibly in Savannah.

I do not know what the current situation is with N748MN. The last I found was that it was owned by Onpoint Aviaonics LLC od Downy CA. Cannot find much about them. Looks like they may own a few other planes too.

That airplane was a piece of history. I operated across the field from them and their flight mechanic became our Assistant DOM later on.
I wonder if we've met? I used to work in the hangar with the "foundation" colored floor. I'll say again that was the cleanest G-II I've ever seen. Savannah sounds ambitious but if they want a nice example that would be the one.

Latest from rzjets.com shows N748MN withdrawn from use.
modeS(24bit)
regtypecnln(2cn)enginefleet - nameoperator>contract (lessor/trustee)builtselcal
view
N608MD
Gulfstream II G-1159197Spey 511-8
rg 12/30/10 Adams Aviation Services Inc.A7E60E
view
N608MD
rg 4/1/04 Sentera Consulting Llc Houston TXEGJL
view
N5117H
dd 3/15/00 AH Jet Transport LlcLMAB
view
N5117H
rg 2/4/77 Amerada Hess Corp. New York NY
currentcomment - update
blank.gif
view
N748MN
Grumman G-1159 Gulfstream II215Spey Mk511-81977
Onpoint Avionics, Downey CA bought 2/7/20
view
N748MN
Technical Aviation LLC, Los Angeles CA bought 10/30/17
view
N748MN
GBS Air Enterprises Inc bought 8/28/17
view
N748MN
Merle Norman Cosmetics Inc. Los Angeles CA rg 1/9/78 (converted to G-II SP 2004)LMAB
view
a/w 12/9/77
withdrawn from usecomment - update

Latest from rzjets.com shows N748MN withdrawn from use.
regtypecnln(2cn)enginefleet - nameoperator>contract (lessor/trustee)builtselcal
modeS(24bit)
view
N608MD
Gulfstream II G-1159197Spey 511-8
rg 12/30/10 Adams Aviation Services Inc.A7E60E
view
N608MD
rg 4/1/04 Sentera Consulting Llc Houston TXEGJL
view
N5117H
dd 3/15/00 AH Jet Transport LlcLMAB
view
N5117H
rg 2/4/77 Amerada Hess Corp. New York NY
currentcomment - update
blank.gif
view
N748MN
Grumman G-1159 Gulfstream II215Spey Mk511-81977
Onpoint Avionics, Downey CA bought 2/7/20
view
N748MN
Technical Aviation LLC, Los Angeles CA bought 10/30/17
view
N748MN
GBS Air Enterprises Inc bought 8/28/17
view
N748MN
Merle Norman Cosmetics Inc. Los Angeles CA rg 1/9/78 (converted to G-II SP 2004)LMAB
view
a/w 12/9/77
withdrawn from usecomment - update
So it's being scrapped, I know it makes no sense but it makes me sad.

I've seen a lot of things at KVNY but a 707 isn't one, I've never heard of a 707 based there.

A number of G-IIs I see out at CNO and ONT, seemingly stored. Also have seen a few II/IIIs at West Palm Beach (PBI) both on the Gulfstream facility ramp there as well as the GA ramp. Have always liked those planes.

Back