Great Lakes to rise from the ashes?

That captain pay is extremely low.

It's low - but unfortunately it's not that low - that's more than I was making as a 1900 CA at Martinaire if you fly 1000hrs a year - though to be fair martex was an objectively better job in every way than GLA from what I gather.

It's low - but unfortunately it's not that low - that's more than I was making as a 1900 CA at Martinaire if you fly 1000hrs a year - though to be fair martex was an objectively better job in every way than GLA from what I gather.
It's extremely low. Comparison with another job that pays less is non sequitur.

Horizon first-year FO pay is about the same, and you'd get a multitude of benefits that I'm betting Lakes doesn't do. And Horizon first year pay is complete crap.

But hey, Lakes raised their pay. Therefore, somewhere in Hell...

glacier-640x427.jpg

Horizon first-year FO pay is about the same, and you'd get a multitude of benefits that I'm betting Lakes doesn't do. And Horizon first year pay is complete crap.

Lakes isn't a true Regional- they're getting by on 135 ops doing EAS runs. You can't compare the pay/bennies to Horizon/SkyW/XJT/etc. I think a more fair comparison is to Cape, SeaPort, etc, in which case the pay is comparable (unpaid training not withstanding).

Lakes isn't a true Regional- they're getting by on 135 ops doing EAS runs. You can't compare the pay/bennies to Horizon/SkyW/XJT/etc. I think a more fair comparison is to Cape, SeaPort, etc, in which case the pay is comparable (unpaid training not withstanding).

That is a really good point and puts what Lakes has become into the proper context.

Great Lakes is a turd trying to put sprinkles and fairy dust on itself and now claiming they have improved the taste.

A turd is a turd is a turd, no matter what they do to it.

How does little Ace compare?

Not even lodging during training. Despicable

Holy crap! Seriously???

Edit: just read the APC page. Wow. I guess when you have a 2 year upgrade and good relationship with Delta, you can pull crap like that.

Holy crap! Seriously???

Edit: just read the APC page. Wow. I guess when you have a 2 year upgrade and good relationship with Delta, you can pull crap like that.
DL and a few other majors don't provide lodging during training....sure it sucks, but that's just the way it is.

DL and a few other majors don't provide lodging during training....sure it sucks, but that's just the way it is.

I suppose it isn't terrible if the program is mostly "study at home", but I wonder how long a decent regional airline can keep that up without losing potential candidates to an airline that does provide lodging during training. At least by the time you get to the majors, you should have come from good pay and can feel confident about making decent money once you're on line.

Let me be the first to say to the FO's and CA at GLA **CONGRATS** on the raise.

Granted the CA raise isnt much, it appears they want to plug the hole at the bottom and recruit FO's (Thus the raise). I remember hearing about CA's covering FO slots since they were short FO's.

Plus Captain retention has sucked there. They dont expect their CA's to stay long.

"Great Mistakes" financials may suck, but now folks will probably reconsider going there due to the big raise.

Plenty of haters out there. But I know a guy there and I'm so glad he got a raise.

Yesterdays 0, tomorrows hero.

Last edited:
Back