Great Lakes in 'Hail-Mary' negotiations with newest lender

I've noticed a Pilatus or two parked over at their terminal in Denver a few times recently. Anyone know what that's about?
I saw that the other day and was wondering. How about those brasillias?

It's ok, i got cured and you can too!
Keep that cure away from me.

You would think Great Lakes would price tickets to sell just to try and get a customer base again on these EAS routes where the reliability of the service has become such that they're losing contracts left and right. I looked at flying them from Merced to LAX thinking it would be a cheap fare, nope. $194 each way. Is it the last seat on the plane? Nope, had someone check and it was booked to 1 that day. Meanwhile, a 1.5ish hour drive to Oakland for those folks and several airlines will take you OAK-LAX roundtrip for less than that. Interesting, to say the least.

I still have the PMDG with the GLA livery lol......it's not an option anymore?! Derek

I have that one, also, from years ago. The one I saw recently (on an auto-email from FlightSim.com) is from Carando, and claims to have 5 paint jobs, plus one white, included but doesn't specify what they are. Except for the Swiss Air Force. Screen shots haven't helped. If you fight your way to Carando's web site, they show you some add-ons, but GLA isn't among them. They have 2 United Express (long-gone), lots of Air Canada, Air New Zealand, some that look suspiciously like US Airways Express (couldn't see logos), and others I didn't recognize. Panels also look newer and neater, in colors that didn't come from Wichita (Maybe from Home Depot in Wichita?).

So, I may have over-reacted, but you'd think that the largest domestic user of the B-1900D would be a logical inclusion, and something to be mentioned. I haven't bought it - yet. Maybe when they file Ch 7?

Keep that cure away from me.

You would think Great Lakes would price tickets to sell just to try and get a customer base again on these EAS routes where the reliability of the service has become such that they're losing contracts left and right. I looked at flying them from Merced to LAX thinking it would be a cheap fare, nope. $194 each way. Is it the last seat on the plane? Nope, had someone check and it was booked to 1 that day. Meanwhile, a 1.5ish hour drive to Oakland for those folks and several airlines will take you OAK-LAX roundtrip for less than that. Interesting, to say the least.

I was in LBF the last couple of days and the folks at the airport don't like to fly on them because their service is so sporadic. Sometimes they show up when their supposed to and other times they don't show at all. The folks there say that they rather drive the three hours to DEN or Omaha and be sure to make their flights. If I was well to do, I'd invest in a fleet of chieftans and clean house doing EAS! I did see a Bro from GLA fly into LBF and they were late from what I was told.

I was in LBF the last couple of days and the folks at the airport don't like to fly on them because their service is so sporadic. Sometimes they show up when their supposed to and other times they don't show at all. The folks there say that they rather drive the three hours to DEN or Omaha and be sure to make their flights. If I was well to do, I'd invest in a fleet of chieftans and clean house doing EAS! I did see a Bro from GLA fly into LBF and they were late from what I was told.
Unfortunately the flavor of the day is single engine turbines. Which would be great if they paid 90k a year, but they don't. So instead it's 30 grand for flying an airplane that doesn't lend itself particularly well to career progression, yay.

I was in LBF the last couple of days and the folks at the airport don't like to fly on them because their service is so sporadic. Sometimes they show up when their supposed to and other times they don't show at all. The folks there say that they rather drive the three hours to DEN or Omaha and be sure to make their flights.

This is why I think there will be a major rebranding campaign for New Name Air (Great Lakes Airlines d/b/a "New Name Air")

Unfortunately the flavor of the day is single engine turbines. Which would be great if they paid 90k a year, but they don't. So instead it's 30 grand for flying an airplane that doesn't lend itself particularly well to career progression, yay.
It does exist.. you keep saying no. Even offering a single engine job with bennies and around 90k a year we can hardly find a quality applicant.

I am guessing that is an EMS operator with a horrible schedule?
Nope, scheduled 135 in Southeast Alaska.
I talked with a Hagey Caravan CA who did about 85k last year. Flew a lot to get it though.
With a 5 on 2 off schedule that's easy to beat here, but we are also offering a 2 on 2 off line. Living on the island takes a outdoors person, but it's light years ahead of Bethel.

I talked with a Hagey Caravan CA who did about 85k last year. Flew a lot to get it though.
I'll break 100 this year on a 15-15 schedule having worked 18 extra days total for the year. I just broke 100 hours flight time for the year to!
We can't find anyone either.

I'll break 100 this year on a 15-15 schedule having worked 18 extra days total for the year. I just broke 100 hours flight time for the year to!
Ha.. I have had all the Juneau guys bugging me so they must be desperate.

Right, so Great Lakes shouldn't exist because they don't pay their pilots enough and run them on a crap schedule to places nobody wants to go.

...most accurate thread creep ever.

Supposedly by about five years guys can make 100k at Hagey, not sure what it takes though (check airman, station lead pilot, etc). Where are you based.

Back