Good news for Mesaba poolies

sopdan

Well, the 9/8 class has been revised from six 900 new hires, to 15 900 new hires and 20 Saab new hires.

If you're in the pool at XJ right now, you'd better start packing your bags.

Well, the 9/8 class has been revised from six 900 new hires, to 15 900 new hires and 20 Saab new hires.

Hehe, oops. I posted a similar thread, and chance the mods can merge or close mine?

Wonder why they revised it from 6 new hires all the way up to 35 new hires. Did crew planning really screw up their projections or is there something brewing? Any juice rumors out there?

As a Captain on reserve I did. Got a line now (+90 hours for last couple months)

EDIT: Should say schedules were +85 hours, +90 is what I've been getting

That's no joke. I was lounging around Monday doing absolutely nothing, got a call from Minnesota, answered, lo and behold they had my application from a few months ago (I honestly didn't think they even kept it) and wanted me to fly out the next day for a Wednesday (i.e., today) interview.

I don't think anyone (not even the guys from HR/recruiting) knows why their hiring has suddenly picked up again.

At any rate: cue rumor mill.

That's no joke. I was lounging around Monday doing absolutely nothing, got a call from Minnesota, answered, lo and behold they had my application from a few months ago (I honestly didn't think they even kept it) and wanted me to fly out the next day for a Wednesday (i.e., today) interview.

I don't think anyone (not even the guys from HR/recruiting) knows why their hiring has suddenly picked up again.

At any rate: cue rumor mill.

Mind sharing your times?

Looks like Mesaba is not posting that they are hiring. I was looking if anyone has information? Also what's the deal with the pay rate for FO's and 900 rates? Those really seem very subpar in general. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Mind sharing your times?

Nothing worth writing home about; shy of 900/150.

Looks like Mesaba is not posting that they are hiring. I was looking if anyone has information? Also what's the deal with the pay rate for FO's and 900 rates? Those really seem very subpar in general. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I can only assume they'll be posting something in the coming days. From what they were saying, the critters in upper management informed recruting late Monday that they wanted a class of 35 for September. How I managed to land myself on their doorstep was I filled out an application online when I found out I was being furloughed from TSA (this was back in June-ish). Most people interviewing had sent in an application even earlier than that.

As for pay, the rate for the -900 is currently $23.38 (75 hour guarantee) with per diem at $1.55/hr. The reason that's so low is probably due to the bankruptcy issues they had a while back. From what I was told, the rate is supposed to increase back to the pre-bankruptcy rate sometime in December. Unfortenatly I didn't catch what the new rate would be. Perhaps someone that actually works there can chime in and fill in the details...[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

All FO's are paid the same rate because it's not a position that you bid. 900 FO's are lower time typically so why would they get paid more? We already have 900 FO's acting like dou che bags so why pay them more to reinforce that behavior? Realize $23.38(24.23 as of 12/1) is still concessionary and look at the what some other companies pay first year including the almighty SkW. Our first year pay is more than Pinnacle 2nd year pay.

FO pay scales.
yr Dec 1, 07 ----Dec 1, 08 ----Dec 1, 09---- Dec 1, 10
1 ----23.38--------24.22 -------25.09 --------26.09
2 ----28.03 --------29.04 -------30.08 -------31.28
3 ----30.78 --------31.88 -------33.04 -------34.26
4 ----33.53 --------34.73 -------35.98 -------37.42

Not to mention we have min day pay (4 hours), Block or better, Min guarantee from day 1, a Commuter clause, 14 hour contractual duty day, and various other things lots of regionals don't have.

Mesaba pay rates as of 12/1/2010

CA---SF---C2---C9---FO
1 ---48 ---61 ---66 --26
2 ---50 ---63 ---67 --31
3 ---51 ---65 ---70 --34
4 ---53 ---67 ---72 --37
5 ---55 ---69 ---74 --38
10 --64 ---80 ---86 --43
15 --70 ---92 --100 -----
18 --71 --101 --105 -----

Just a rumor that I heard from a Captain the other day...

The 900's that Delta took from Freedom will be finding their way home with Mesaba. It would make sense with the increase in the new hire class. Either way, it's good news for Mesaba if it is indeed true.

Well two things. FO pay is a blended rate between both jets and Saab, and we are in "bankruptcy" contract so LOA 23 comes into effect. LOA 23 goes out dec 1. of this year and its a bump in pay. LOA ends and we goto contract rates that bump up on a date of signing. By 2010 first year FO's make just under 26 an hour. If you want some exact numbers I can break them down a little more within reason. You will find out here, by in large, FO's try for equipment for QOL reasons.

I can't speak on how sub par it is or isn't, I make more here as a first year captain than I would have as a 3 year captain at colgan so I'm just happy to be here. I've looked quickly at Pinnacle and they separate pay by equipment for FO's and I think they are hiring. One bright way to look at it, is if you come to the -200 or the Saab ur paid pretty well compared to your peers. I know for a fact guys around here are pretty happy with their contract and work rules and don't care what the first year guys make of it. To be quite honest the first year guys I fly with are very happy about the contract too and feel its far from sub par.

Wonder why they revised it from 6 new hires all the way up to 35 new hires. Did crew planning really screw up their projections or is there something brewing? Any juice rumors out there?

I think we have new hires for both because with all the realigning/saab to 900 fo transfer the numbers are at equalibrium. That makes us a little short for both FO's(because we are still taking deliveries of 5 more 900's) and have to back fill a few sf CA's.

We aren't getting more 900's(and pretty much can't because of the scope in JPWA). The next FO that starts small talk with "I hear we are getting more 900's" I'm going to have a seizure. I'm sick of every one thinking their regional is taking over the world. No we aren't going to get the Freedom 900's either. why would they open a new domicile here when they can just give them to Comair who already has those domiciles? Not to mention between Compass and us we have the bulk of the 76 seaters and they are all in 3 domiciles. Why would they add more to those domiciles? I could go on and on why those rumors are ghey. We are going to stay the same for a while I'd imagine, but look at most companies right now and thats not really such a bad thing. Also if you are on the bottom side of the list( below 600) upgrade is going to be a while so don't fool yourself or let management fool you.

- Sorry for the rant I hate the jr high rumors.

Just a rumor that I heard from a Captain the other day...

The 900's that Delta took from Freedom will be finding their way home with Mesaba. It would make sense with the increase in the new hire class. Either way, it's good news for Mesaba if it is indeed true.

What an ass hat. I wish other CA's at this company would ST FU some times. Like I want to have to crush the FO's hopes of upgrading in 3 monmths when its going to be 3 years.

----See previous rant understand why I ranted

We already have 900 FO's acting like dou che bags so why pay them more to reinforce that behavior?

I thought you boys in DTW and MSP were nipping that crap in the bud. The -900 FO's down here in MEM are pretty respectful and I assumed the new "scared straight" program at Mesaba was doing that :nana2::).

They do post they are hiring on their website and the first officer application is still available.

Back