Good news for Mesaba poolies

I spoke with a Mesaba Saab captain this morning and he was telling me of all kinds of rumors going on right now. Hopefully there will be some announcements to validate them.

While I also think its funny how many rumors are out there as to the cause of the new movement, you have to admit that the sudden change in numbers, opening up applications for check airmen and applications for FA OE instructors all at the same time is enough to make you wonder.

Unless something official comes out all we have to go by is if the hiring continues, or if it drops off again i guess.

Either way I like it!
Currently on the rumor mill from what I've heard today because its saturday and I'm stuck in TRI. Good FO and good mexican food though:
-36 more 900's for Mesaba
-36 900's going to NWA/DELTA and we flowup to fly them
-38 pncl -200's coming over here after the negotiations breakdown
-freedom's -900's coming over here (not gonna happen)
-Ewoks are invading and taking over the MEM base and we're all gonna put on loincloths and running people around in AT-AT's (one I made up and my personal favorite).
-Something big is gonna be announced on wednesday. Hopefully by thursday that rumor can be X'ed out.

Personally I believe nothing is going to happen and we are all get excited over nothing. :D

I spoke with a Mesaba Saab captain this morning and he was telling me of all kinds of rumors going on right now. Hopefully there will be some announcements to validate them.
Yeah, don't listen to that guy. He's a tool. :laff:

Big announcement on Wednesday. Hint: Ewoks are coming.

Yeah, don't listen to that guy. He's a tool. :laff:

Big announcement on Wednesday. Hint: Ewoks are coming.

Ewoks...hmm cheap labor? That is actually believable. They could probably all go man the ops radio too because good English speaking skills definitely isn't a prerequisite.

Ewoks...hmm cheap labor? That is actually believable. They could probably all go man the ops radio too because good English speaking skills definitely isn't a prerequisite.
OUCH!

Just have them repeat it over and over again. The way that gal talks on ops I swear she's from the northeast, slurring consonants into vowels, but with a softspoken southern drawl.

Aramark needs to hire one of those Cajuns to get on the radio and read our numbers. That'd really throw a wrench in the works.

PS. If you guys do have valid complaints with ramp just go talk to Mark (PM supervisor) and he'll fix it up for you. He's always been very helpful to me.

While I also think its funny how many rumors are out there as to the cause of the new movement, you have to admit that the sudden change in numbers, opening up applications for check airmen and applications for FA OE instructors all at the same time is enough to make you wonder.
Because all the current LCA have been held off the jet long enough so they need replacements now that they are on the 900. Look at Steve Harris in DTW on the last award. They bypassed him until Jan becuase their aren't many(LCA's) left. It takes a while to replenish the LCA's due to the requirements. We have 97 aircraft operating. and increase in 35 people is not much when you look at it as a whole. Take a look at the schedules. They are at the equilibrium point right now.

Unless something official comes out all we have to go by is if the hiring continues, or if it drops off again i guess.
There hasn't been any more hiring. It was people from a pool. There are going to be new people added to the list.

Either way I like it!

Edit:

Oh and on top of the others...I noticed we are now hiring for sim instructors and ground instructors too......

I think EWOKS are more likely than any new form of plane showing up beyond the 36 900's.

walter05ew5.jpg

:D:sarcasm::yup:

Pederast.

Hey listen, I KNOW I'm beating this to death, but it is a madhouse right now in the pilot lounge (fishbowl) with rumors. I've got two check airmen saying ol' John Spanjers (however you spell his name) is in a meeting Wednesday with the training department. One of our flight attendants is being positive spaced to MSP where she's signing a form for company confidentiality to talk about "training". Lots of senior captains anxious that something good is going to happen soon.

I suspect two things are possible:
One: John got my email about the empending Ewok invasion (which I'd probably welcome once they were done)
Two: John is telling everyone the news we are getting another 36 -900's, but... we are retiring the entire SAAB and -200 fleet and furloughs will be announced thursday morning.
Three: wait I only said two, well too late now I'm rolling with it. Something in fact IS happening ... that ... well ... alright maybe it is the Ewoks after all.

The only thing I can say is that I thought this was gonna be the last big vacancy award for a while, but a bunch of captains I've talked to over the last few days (more than a couple, and all 9+ years at XJ) think that we're going to see more classes.

They don't know why, but they seemed to be confident.

There are more rumots (sic) going around right now than anytime in the last year and a half (including the merger). IMHO

Makes for an interesting last few days on ready reserve with all these rumors swirling around. Like some of the guys said, I'll believe it when I see an announcement. Makes for interesting conversations, but in the end, its probably nothing. Plus, I thought there were more than 34 guys swimming in the pool. Maybe they just did it to clear the pool out and not have guys waiting around. But what do I know.

from what I heard previously our pool (used to be) around 40...so my guess is that the pool is almost fully drained.

I'm not one to fight for specific rumors....but it I'd doubt that the company would do it out of a gesture of good will to the people in the pool. $$$$$

Two more to drop in the bucket: (I know I know its out of control)

-15 -900's from Mesa given to us and we start flying them out of... wait for it... wait for it... atlanta. *sigh*
-Big announcement Tuesday says the DTW crew room. (We always get it last in memphis)

I still say ewok invasion

Two more to drop in the bucket: (I know I know its out of control)

-15 -900's from Mesa given to us and we start flying them out of... wait for it... wait for it... atlanta. *sigh*
-Big announcement Tuesday says the DTW crew room. (We always get it last in memphis)

I still say ewok invasion

NWA Airlink out of ATL?

Tuesday? I thought I read on one of the forums that the big announcement was supposed to be Wednesday... man, I'm off for one day and I get out of the loop.

No padawan, NWA and Delta merged (or are anyway). This silly rumor is saying that were gonna put on Delta colors.

I stress these are all SILLY rumors. No one knows ####.

Well, I figured it would be Delta Connection but that just seemed like a long shot.

Call me a practicalist (if that's even a word), but I wouldn't look for Delta colors until the merger is actually approved by the DoJ unless you guys get a contract from Delta (which actually wouldn't be that unheard of).

Call me a practicalist (if that's even a word), but I wouldn't look for Delta colors until the merger is actually approved by the DoJ unless you guys get a contract from Delta (which actually wouldn't be that unheard of).
Oh, God I completely agree. Sounds like a buncha horse doo-doo to me.

Tomorrow is the big announcement. Hopefully (providing nothing is announced) by Wednesday we can put this thing to bed.
Of course I wouldn't put it past any management group to say to us "hey you know that big raise your all getting on the 1st of dec? Yeah we didn't get 150 new jets because of that. It's all your fault." hehehehehe

Of course I wouldn't put it past any management group to say to us "hey you know that big raise your all getting on the 1st of dec? Yeah we didn't get 150 new jets because of that. It's all your fault." hehehehehe

Really? Maybe you ARE getting bought by Pinnacle. That sounds like something our guys would say. :)

Back