General levels of sketchiness.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
I was reading in some others thread about how we have to spend money on things to make us look nice. I found this idea offensive on principle alone. As a freight dog I hereby denounce the concept that we need to be prim and proper - may your beards be 5 o'clock shadows, your hair rowdy and unkempt, your loafers brown boots, and your pilot shirts oil stained hoodies. As a freight dog or bush rat it should be a given that you will be denied entry to all but the must unsavory stripclubs. Hussah!

Ha. I'm rocking the full beard right now. When I get online I'll have to post some bearded self protraits from the front office of the Six.
So to recap...
Beard: check
Scuffed brown work boots:check
Carhartt jacket and double-knee or flannel-lined jeans (depending on the season): check
Company hoodie: check
Dad gum, why they even think I need a check ride when I look like this....

But i fly freight and have to wear a uniform

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

That's because youre a hack has been. :) Don't you fly freight in a skylane with a dozen gpss and half a dozen aps?

Funny that this thread is coming from a freight dawg that wears the monkey suit. :)

That's because youre a hack has been. :) Don't you fly freight in a skylane with a dozen gpss and half a dozen aps?

Funny that this thread is coming from a freight dawg that wears the monkey suit. :)

I dunno, single engine in the weather

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

My monkey suit is slowly turning black from all the grease stains. Can't afford to buy new white shirts every week. Perhaps freight dogs should switch to the Virgin America uniforms.

At least they aren't those old sky blue shirts anymore. But yeah, white (uniform in general) was a bad choice.
I think the freight-hate goes down a bit at FBOs.

OUTED!!!! Dont worry, Nothing makes you look more sketchy than wearing your uniform underneath a oily hoodie from a former company.

I think a freight pilot wearing a uniform is blasphemous, and the sky gods frown upon it.
It's like a 3 year old girl playing dress up.
It's contrary to everything we do.

I was reading in some others thread about how we have to spend money on things to make us look nice. I found this idea offensive on principle alone. As a freight dog I hereby denounce the concept that we need to be prim and proper - may your beards be 5 o'clock shadows, your hair rowdy and unkempt, your loafers brown boots, and your pilot shirts oil stained hoodies. As a freight dog or bush rat it should be a given that you will be denied entry to all but the must unsavory stripclubs. Hussah!

F'n A Bubba. My underarmour hoodie isn't quite stained yet but I spent last week bathing in the ocean because I didn't feel like driving home. All week it was sort of a weird yet liberating salty-skinned feeling under my t-shirt and STAINED Cabelas hat. I of course dont wear the hat into most FBO's...:ooh:

F'n A Bubba. My underarmour hoodie isn't quite stained yet but I spent last week bathing in the ocean because I didn't feel like driving home. All week it was sort of a weird yet liberating salty-skinned feeling under my t-shirt and STAINED Cabelas hat. I of course dont wear the hat into most FBO's...:ooh:

As a bushrat gone freight dawg yourself you understand the necessity bathing, but only on the condition that it leaves behind a salty grime and the musty scent of dead salmon.

Right on! 2 years ago when I flew freight....

Full Beard, Scuffed up cowboy boots, NOT ONE clean white pilot shirt, always stained with oil or de ice fluid, its the way it should be!

Ha. I'm rocking the full beard right now. When I get online I'll have to post some bearded self protraits from the front office of the Six.
So to recap...
Beard: check
Scuffed brown work boots:check
Carhartt jacket and double-knee or flannel-lined jeans (depending on the season): check
Company hoodie: check
Dad gum, why they even think I need a check ride when I look like this....
So you are flying more these days?

Back