Garmin navdata subscription for GTN series

chipdumper

Which package should I get if I want to stick with Foreflight Premium $199 ? Take the Bundle $499, US Lite PilotPak $559? Or what about Jepp NavData for $480? What do you have? This crap is quite expensive.

I do the pilotpak with the flitecharts. It’s nice having the charts available and it’s not that much more. It is pricey but if you are flying a lot of ifr then the package discount makes it worth it compared to updating by the month

CAF and CF, etc are having a real problem attracting young members. The youngsters seem to like staring at screens and commanding computers to do tasks.
I have an idea.
The old rich guys at CAF, CF, etc, should fund OPEN Aviation Software Initiatives. Attract the youngsters AND create some J.
We really, really need to stop allowing private entities to charge us large sums for ripping off our public data and transmogrifying it into proprietary file formats.

CAF and CF, etc are having a real problem attracting young members. The youngsters seem to like staring at screens and commanding computers to do tasks.
I have an idea.
The old rich guys at CAF, CF, etc, should fund OPEN Aviation Software Initiatives. Attract the youngsters AND create some J.
We really, really need to stop allowing private entities to charge us large sums for ripping off our public data and transmogrifying it into proprietary file formats.

While I’ll agree with you that Garmin updates are unnecessarily difficult and ludicrous expensive, but that is the way it is until the kid that created Stratux focuses his energy on databases.

In the mean time you could still fly /A, /U, /X as an option.

If I get the bundle with the FlightCharts would I only be able to view it on the GTN650? There isn't enough screen area for me to use them on there. I think I'm just going to do the US Bundle $499 (Including Garmin Navigation, Obstacles, SafeTaxi, and Terrain (9AS) databases. ). Then send out another $199 for ForeFlight. $700 a year is ridiculous. I b**ch about the cost of ownership and never thought about spending this much just for virtual information.

Garmin annual NavData only subcription is $299 for 13 updates. I might just go that route. If I'm paying $199 for ForeFlight Premium (I have the $99 version now) then I don't need the "Obstacles, SafeTaxi, and Terrain 9 Arc Second" databases. Anyone concur?

Garmin annual NavData only subcription is $299 for 13 updates. I might just go that route. If I'm paying $199 for ForeFlight Premium (I have the $99 version now) then I don't need the "Obstacles, SafeTaxi, and Terrain 9 Arc Second" databases. Anyone concur?
If you don’t want to keep the obstacle and terrain up to date, why did you bother putting in a $8000 box that probably cost at least that much again to install? Why not rock a KX175? Ya gotta pay to play.

Hell I removed a perfectly fine GNC300XL. Knowing what I know now I wouldn’t have touched anything besides correcting the shotgun panel to a six pack. I would have had plenty cash leftover for dual G5’s.
Hey you only live once right? What’s another couple hundred bucks a year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back