Furlough Estimates

Yeah my f’s given level has sunk to new lows. Just rip the band aid off or let me fly airplanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are NOT alone in that feeling.
Damn, feels like everytime we pull this thread out somehow the topic sways back to airlines going under, losing airlines, and the potential for me to not go back to flying post-furlough. Depressing times for this community.
WooooWeee Rick, you ain't kidding

Yesterday TSA screening numbers were at 27%. Not to be too doom n gloom, but I'm not looking forward to winter when the regular flu infections and deaths mix with Covid19 deaths. A second wave would devastate the already low airline demand.
Meh I disagree. I bet it's the same. Obviously those travelling now are not concerned.

Yesterday TSA screening numbers were at 27%. Not to be too doom n gloom, but I'm not looking forward to winter when the regular flu infections and deaths mix with Covid19 deaths. A second wave would devastate the already low airline demand.

That’s actually really great for a Tuesday in 2020. Tuesdays always suck really bad. The rest of the days of the week are in the lower 30s year over year and are improving a little over 1% week over week. That’s still not going to pay the bills, but the fact that year over year travel numbers have not only not totally crumped, but continue to grow post summer is encouraging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary Kelly was on CNBC yesterday. He didn’t seem very encouraged. Kept talking about how these are are 1970s era travel numbers, and no airline can survive today on that. Without more money from Congress, this is ugly. Really ugly.

Gary Kelly was on CNBC yesterday. He didn’t seem very encouraged. Kept talking about how these are are 1970s era travel numbers, and no airline can survive today on that. Without more money from Congress, this is ugly. Really ugly.
While all that is true, any airline CEO that’s talking at this point is just trying to pressure congress into another stimulus.

Which you consistently seem to rail against.
Not really, I rail against your doomsday approach that travel is never coming back, we may never hire again, and half of the industry won't fly an airplane every again. You argue anything against this rhetoric is being ignorantly optimistic.

Not really, I rail against your doomsday approach that travel is never coming back, we may never hire again, and half of the industry won't fly an airplane every again. You argue anything against this rhetoric is being ignorantly optimistic.

I haven't made those claims, but I would agree that they would be wrong if anyone actually did make them. Which I haven't seen anyone do.

I haven't made those claims, but I would agree that they would be wrong if anyone actually did make them. Which I haven't seen anyone do.
Ask @Yakob. Either way - I know my fate. I've been interviewing hard the last 3-4 weeks and I am planning for a long furlough just in case. I'm taking this seriously. I'm staying hopeful I can get recalled in 2 or 3 years. But I'm definitely not in the blinded optimistic group. All my friends think I'm the mega negative one. Just happens thats like being mediocre and positive on online forums.

Back