Furlough Estimates

Mostly, I just hate the hyperbole of the phrase “not working for a living”.

Flying during the winter time in South East Alaska is work.
It gets a lot worse but it’s not something I can talk about right now...
In case you can't tell, there are two of us poking fun of you, who have flown in the same area with clapped out single engine pistons.

You are in the cockpit of a 737.
A well regulated part 121 737.
You have support, that basically no other operator in the area has.

We are all pilots here, mostly. Some know more than others what flying for a living is. You are a 737 FO, who does not get to complain about "career on the line" type work, with guys who have, or currently fly in that same area.

Mostly, I just hate the hyperbole of the phrase “not working for a living”.
I've flown two four-days since 01Jan this year, due to an injury, having a vacation block and having a lot of ALPA days pre-slugged. The first one wasn't a terrible amount of work, but the last one had enough "work" involved to last me for a whole quarter, possibly longer.

Some days are going to be like that, unfortunately. Still, compared to churning it out in a regional jet, or in the Brasilia, or in a 206, or even the quite cushy King Air job I had while on leave, I'll still go fly even a cruddy four-day here given the choice.

By the way, your certificate was FAR more routinely at-risk at our mutual previous employer, even if it was not immediately apparent to you.

I suppose my career is line the line every time I fly as well.
In a way it is, as this is serious work for serious people, even though it's also a pretty fun and usually fairly straightforward job. Still, continuing to put large sums into my 401(k) requires a certain level of neatness, precision and compliance.

Last edited:
I’d put it at equal. The microbial content builds up your immune system, and during these times, who are we to look down our noses at that? Plus they have popcorn!
How-to-Take-Probiotics-with-Antibiotics-e1491902094493.jpg

Some know more than others what flying for a living is. You are a 737 FO, who does not get to complain about "career on the line" type work, with guys who have, or currently fly in that same area.
I don't know if you meant it, but that makes you sound like a dick

I’d hope people here would be smart enough to know that being supported by the company doesn’t just mean not putting gas in your airplane or cleaning up trash. I’m not really surprised that isn’t the case.

Good on ya for flying around in not 737s in the South East though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if you meant it, but that makes you sound like a dick
I have no problem coming off as a Dick.
It shouldn’t surprise any,that I’m not the person to coddle someone.
Chicken little, I’m sure will be fine.

Oh hey, welcome to the conversation!
Perhaps if you didn’t quit in lieu of termination you too could opine about the 737!
I hear it’s really difficult to fly, your career is up-ended at every stop in the South East, and only the strongest can survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back