Furlough Estimates

And merit based. Idiots should not waste up the capacity only because their parents are rich.

By the same token, people shouldn’t get in because their skin color is a certain color (and I say that as a minority myself). Yet, courts have ruled you can use skin color to discriminate. California just passed a law that mandates diversity/minorities on boards of companies that meet a certain size. By LAW.

Last edited:
On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, the Delta MEC commenced a virtual special meeting to provide further direction to the Negotiating Committee with respect to the ongoing discussions with Delta regarding furlough mitigation. After meeting with the Company for the past two weeks, the Negotiating Committee has reached an agreement in principle. Once the contractual language is finalized and agreed upon between the parties, LOA #20-04 will become a tentative agreement and presented to the MEC for its review and action.

In exchange for temporary flexibility on the TLV to allow a five-hour window between 72 and 80 hours, the Delta pilots will receive contractual improvements in the following areas:
  • An immediate lowering of the Green Slip trigger from “the lesser of ALV or 75 hours” to “the lesser of the ALV minus 5 hours or 72 hours”, which dependent on the ALV, could lower the green slip trigger to as low as 66 or 67 hours
  • Furlough protection for every Delta pilot on the seniority list until January 1, 2022
  • A permanent modification to the TLV to 73-78 hours after the term of the LOA
  • A commitment from Delta to establish a Market-Based Cash Balance Plan for all Delta Pilots
  • Positive Space commuting provisions for the term of the LOA
  • Establish contractual guardrails on ARCOS call-out parameters, and improve call-out and batch size requirements
  • Monthly pay of 30 hours, DC contributions and active medical for all UNA pilots who received furlough notices, even if they have not completed initial training at Delta. These pilots will not have a flying obligation to the Company nor will they have restrictions on outside employment.
  • A pause and extension of the LOA in the event of a clean CARES Act extension until the furlough protections of the Act expire, regardless of whether the funding made available by the Act is utilized by Delta

I feel like the guys who are still flying are a bit more salty than normal any merit to this?
Lol, it was all suppose to be over. Nothing bad would happen again. People like me were childed for even daring to bring up a furlough.

Maybe theyre all just angry they were wrong.

I am paid and got it made in the shade for a while longer. *Most interesting man in the world voice* Stay salty my friends!

I feel like the guys who are still flying are a bit more salty than normal any merit to this?

Not me. I’m thankful to have a job.

I just can’t believe I fell for the “this will be the greatest hiring spree in airline history! Massive retirements!” I believed it. Silly me. Mark your calendars. Every decade. It literally hasn’t changed ever since the airmail days.

I’m just a regional captain who was supposed to be joining the career airline but I’m just happy to still have a job. Although being on the road during this is exhausting, and somewhat sad at times. Plus I’m usually in very rural and exotic Midwestern destinations for many hours at a time.

Im an ACMI (mostly) cargo guy. So very happy to have a job, but I’ve been working my ass off. Absolutely exhausted.

Not meaning to sound ungrateful, but we have been getting our asses kicked.

Made in the shade getting paid tryin' to get laid.

First half of Covid, whooo weee that was rough, this second half though... Ahhhhhhhh yeah.

Not me. I’m thankful to have a job.

I just can’t believe I fell for the “this will be the greatest hiring spree in airline history! Massive retirements!” I believed it. Silly me. Mark your calendars. Every decade. It literally hasn’t changed ever since the airmail days.
May as well get ready to hear it again when the big 3 lose 50% of their seniority lists. People will say it again, then we will be back again.

I hope a lot of my friends at regionals who have about 3-4 decades left in this industry are watching and being smart about their future plans. I know some think this was perfect timing as they won't have to go through furlough and their next move will be perfect timing. My regret was not using my free time wisely to learn some other skills or get qualifications outside of flying. But if it wasn't for the hiring spree that was going on I would still be at a regional, so I try to stay thankful for what I have.

May as well get ready to hear it again when the big 3 lose 50% of their seniority lists. People will say it again, then we will be back again.

I hope a lot of my friends at regionals who have about 3-4 decades left in this industry are watching and being smart about their future plans. I know some think this was perfect timing as they won't have to go through furlough and their next move will be perfect timing. My regret was not using my free time wisely to learn some other skills or get qualifications outside of flying. But if it wasn't for the hiring spree that was going on I would still be at a regional, so I try to stay thankful for what I have.
I see a lot of my friends at regionals waiting to pull the trigger on a cargo carrier. Some of these guys are giving out LOA's to give you an opportunity to get off the books for a while and do something else, and that may be a good solution too. Just like there are hills going up there's backsides of the hill too. I think the downhill is'a coming.

Are you saying you’ve bought into the whole “legacies furloughing 50%?” Honestly, I can’t believe we are still flying around 35%of the normal numbers right now. I imagine with the stay at home orders coming again, we may see close to April numbers again. Terrible.

Are you saying you’ve bought into the whole “legacies furloughing 50%?” Honestly, I can’t believe we are still flying around 35%of the normal numbers right now. I imagine with the stay at home orders coming again, we may see close to April numbers again. Terrible.
No I was talking the end of this decade with retirements, people will say the same thing again that they were saying before and forget all about what we just went through.

Knowing what is going to happen with lockdowns, I have no clue. Some states refuse to consider it, a lot of professionals (even with Biden new task force) condemn it, and the states beginning to roll them back already barely opened and had very strict guidelines. I could see flying going back to low numbers though, but with senate changing tone on stimulus following the election I assume if our economy craters again like April a stimulus would be in very high order. Remember your 35% of "normal" is on a record year. Who knows when 2019 levels come back. And we don't need those levels to make money or hire again either.

The whole tone with the CDC and professionals changed with news on the emergency vaccine. We definitely need time and a lot of it but it's not the same as April where the argument was the vaccine will take 4-5 years. So we will see. Dark days ahead but like Fauci said, there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

TSA pax numbers have been really fairly resilient through this latest crazy rise. I don't know what is supporting them other than people refusing to live in fear, but they haven't really sank much in terms of year over year percentages when comparing the same day of the week. They still consistently suck in the high 30% to low 40% range (except for Tuesdays. Don't talk about Tuesdays :shivers: ), but they're not cratering yet. Something will really have to happen to catch the public's attention to change behavior back to April numbers, or even May-July numbers.

Back