Funnest RJ to fly

I mean I dug the EMB-135/45, but it's also the only jet I've flown. So to compare it to the CRJ, or DO-328 Jet, or whatever the heck there is out there is hard to do being that I've never flown them.

Of the EMB-135, -145EP/ER, -145LR and -145XR, I'd say the -135's were the most fun to fly. They were lighter on the controls and had better performance than the -145's.

That being said, I think the -145XR flew like the -145 was supposed to. The control feel was finally dialed in (I think the -145LR's flew like mack trucks) and it had more power. I think the -145XR's were the easiest to land out of the bunch, mostly because of the higher weight. The -135's were REALLY hard to grease on in my mind because of how much lighter they were (up to 10,000 lbs. lighter than a -145XR).

Like the proverbial mo-ped... they're all a lot of fun as long as your friends don't see you on one. :)

Ok how about just the most fun airplane you've flown? This should generate more discussion.

For me: Lear 25. It was a freakin rocket! Loud enough to piss off the "local airport is too loud" peasants.

Ok how about just the most fun airplane you've flown? This should generate more discussion.

Beech 99, hands down.

It was over powered and too maneuverable for the size of airplane it was.

Empty it had a higher power to weight ratio than a P-51.

Man that plane was so much fun to fly. If I ever get rich I'm buying a King Air C90B.

Regional Jet - (noun): A marketing term targeted both at airline passengers and airline pilots designed to set expectations of a passenger experience and pilot compensation and work-rules. The airplane was originally used to replace turboprops and provide a competitive advantage on long-thin routes and to raid the hub cities of competitors. Over time the term "RJ" has been used on larger and larger aircraft resulting in the elimination of narrowbody jetliners including the F28, F100, Bac 1-11, DC9, MD80, BAe146, and 737 from airline fleets. This had the added effect of reducing the net number of major-airline jobs and, therefore, reducing overal compensation and work-rules for airline pilots. What was once a stepping stone (commuter airlines) has become a career destination -- sadly for a fraction of what pilots of similar gage aircraft were paid a generation ago.

:See SJS

Too tough to call for me. Ive flown several a/c's that were great to fly. The E90 was a blast, especially in the low level usfs missions we flew them in. Im havin fun in the Q400, when its workin that is.

For me: Lear 25. It was a freakin rocket! Loud enough to piss off the "local airport is too loud" peasants.

Well that's not too hard in florida. I've had complaints in the sr-20

Even though the Mighty Q400 isn't an "RJ", I would have to give it prop's (no pun intended) for being a fun airplane to fly. Mx flights were esp fun...took off out of PDX one spring morning doing a repo flight to SEA...we were easily at 3000ft (PDX is 30'sl) by the river (just off the end of an 11,000' runway)...the thing just had tons of power. I liken it to a mini-757...the thing was just a pain in the butt to land when you were light...something about a 101kt vref just doesn't seem right in something that big...

I've only flown one jet, so the 170 is the most enjoyable jet I've flown. As far as airplanes...I love GA flying!! A toss up between my former BE19 or an Arrow.

Funnest airplane I've flown is a toss up. I really really really like flying the 207 (just because its such a pig when its heavy, 300fpm climbs and the like) but also the Hondo is cool because its fast, easy to fly, and just a hell of a work horse. The islander was fun too provided I didn't have to load and unload it. I dunno actually. Next on my list of must flies is a niner-niner liner, or a PC-12 (the Pilatus looks like it'd just be a rocket ship).

Back