Funnest RJ to fly

Funnest plane to fly: King Air 350.

Funnest Jet: Haven't flown one yet but hopefully it will be the F15 or 16.

Well, I haven't flown an rj(or a jet for that matter) if we are not counting Microsoft Flight Simulator :nana2: But I would say in real world THE AIRCRAFT I HAVE HAD THE MOST FUN IN(translation: funnest aircraft) would probably be the Diamond Katana. The C-172 came in a close second. Also, on the cross countries, the Katana just attracted the FBO chicks that rarely seen it. :rawk:

Also did training in the Seminole and Apache but between the two I liked the Apache better. Was alot more forgiving especially on landings. Maybe it was the instructor.:rolleyes:

I typically really enjoy flying the DA42. Maneuver practice is a pain in the @$$ because it is so rudder-heavy and the rudder pedals were designed by someone who'd obviously never done a Vmc demo. However in normal operations (point to point x-country) it is really fun to fly because it is really easy to do 160-180 knots until 2-3 miles from the airport. With the VLE of 194 knots and liquid cooling (no shock cooling worries) you can slam dunk the airplane all day long and still establish yourself on final on speed and in configuration very easily. Also the trailing link gear makes any landing feel smooth (as long as you are somewhere in the vicinity of straight).

I got kinda pissed when an engine shut itself off and feathered in flight the other day, though.

BE-76 for me, it feels like a tank rolling down the runway and takes a lot of back pressure to get it off the ground. Also C182-rg because when you add full power, it almost makes a purring sound.

Flying the Beech 1900C in Alaska. Definitely a pilot's airplane.

Done that, it was fun, the Hondo in AK is cool, but the wx usually sucks, and the legs tend to be pretty long, so some of the fun gets taken out of it. Up here, I've always wanted to drive twotters, but there really aren't that many people flying them anymore. 99 would be fun up here too, but only a couple of places operate them.

You don't fly RJs... Enjoy the 172 while it lasts.

I fly the 207, not the 172 (though I do have an 8410-1 in the 172) and the 172, ehh, not that much fun, it pays more though because it takes longer to get there, but there's so little going on that it has a tendency to be kind of dull.

I don't have a really bad case of SJS, I am curious as to what people think.

BE-76 for me, it feels like a tank rolling down the runway and takes a lot of back pressure to get it off the ground.

Oh the Duchess...what a wonderful airplane! There's a reason I've got one in my profile pic. What a solid, honest airplane.

As far as an RJ goes, the 135 is pretty fun IF you are able to actually have fun in it. It could be greased but you have to land it like a 172 with a lot of flare. The 145 always tends to land better a little flatter.

Now for GA...how could no one mention a Mooney yet? I did my instrument in one, those suckers are great.

Light jet would be the Lear 24/25, that thing was a blast.

Turbo prop for me is the Starship because it got so much attention. Beyond that the King Air 200 was fun as well.

Most fun work wise is definitely the 747-400. Nice plane, food, and a bed so what's not to love?:)

Oh the Duchess...what a wonderful airplane! There's a reason I've got one in my profile pic. What a solid, honest airplane.

Yeah nice plane if you can get the prop out of feather and you're not in a hurry. I like the MU-2. People know you've arrived, and they always give the Garrett Salute. But in all earnestness, and at the risk of being one of Those Guys, the "funnest" plane to fly is the one you get paid stacks of money to fly, and don't have to fly too much.

For some reason Bill Chirstenson the god father of airplanes in Tulsa got the BE-76 from OSU and the pilot side door pops open during flight, problems with the prop getting stuck in feather and there was a story that someone tried to close it and their hand went right through the window. So besides Duchess breaking down, it's a good plane. There is a sticker on that plane that says hang our queen.:)

No one mentioned the Extra 300 yet either...did some flying in one of those, it was a blast. 300HP strapped between your legs....yee-haw.

You're not a WMU grad are ya?

(I just can't think of that many Extra 300's floating around out there, and what with you being a DC-9 driver, at a company that I imagine is my home state, well...)

Awesome, I jetted out of Kalamazoo in 2005 with a degree in philosophy, dropped the flight program pretty early in my time there.

When did you graduate? I'm looking forward to moving back home to Michigan in the fall, I've been out chasing aviation jobs for the last 3 years.

The Meridian was a fun airplane to crank and bank, but sucked to fly passengers in.

The PC-12 was a great airplane to fly passengers in, but had too much range for single pilot ops with no relief tube.

The King Air 90 is a good solid airplane, but doesn't go fast enough.

The King Air 350 is probably the favorite turbine airplane that I've been PIC on. Goes fast, goes high, carries a good load, etc.

Back