Forum Suggestions

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Howdy!

Do any of you ATC'ers have suggestions for the forum?

I don't know a heck of a lot about ATC so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Doug, pretty soon here with everyone heading off to Oklahoma City, it might be a nice addition to have a dedicated sub-forum with questions and discussion related to Academy training

Don't know how reasonable this might be, but how about sub-forums for:

Application Process
Training Process (CTI/OKC/Developmental)
CPC Progression

I think several sub-forums would help with repeat threads and ease searching for topics.

Suggestions:
1) FAA Announcements (Too many repeat threads for these)
2) Application Process and Questions
3) Post-PEPC / Pre-OKC
4) OKC
5) Post-OKC
6) OKC Roommates/Housing Wanted

How about two options for the "New Posts"? One to exclude ATC forum postings and one "ATC New Posts" only?

I think several sub-forums would help with repeat threads and ease searching for topics.

Suggestions:
1) FAA Announcements (Too many repeat threads for these)
2) Application Process and Questions
3) Post-PEPC / Pre-OKC
4) OKC
5) Post-OKC
6) OKC Roommates/Housing Wanted

:yeahthat:

This is probably WAY overboard... but I like things very organized when it comes to storing information...

forumfolders.jpg

How about...

New members are NOT allowed to post a NEW thread until they have reached "Junior Member" status...that is saying....they have taken the time to read, explore and use the SERACH FUNCTION....

I cant count how many new threads there are with the same crap posted over and over....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Can I get an AMEN to this suggestion??? :yeahthat:

How about...

New members are NOT allowed to post a NEW thread until they have reached "Junior Member" status...that is saying....they have taken the time to read, explore and use the SERACH FUNCTION....

I cant count how many new threads there are with the same crap posted over and over....

Amen

How about...

I cant count how many new threads there are with the same crap posted over and over....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ick.

How about...

Ahh your theory is flawed... becuase the only way to ahieve a higher "status" is by posting a certain amount. No one would ever "progress"...

Get rid of all the STICKYs. Or at least lock the post once it is STICKYed to avoid pointless comments that do not contribute to the post.

in my experience, an increase in subforums only leads to dead forums. keep everything in the main and people will create their *ONE* thread for things like PUBNAT3, PUBNAT2, FEBOTS, etc...

if you REALLY want to improve things around here, buy a new friggin server! this is one of the SLOWEST sites i've ever posted on :eek:

in my experience, an increase in subforums only leads to dead forums. keep everything in the main and people will create their *ONE* thread for things like PUBNAT3, PUBNAT2, FEBOTS, etc...

if you REALLY want to improve things around here, buy a new friggin server! this is one of the SLOWEST sites i've ever posted on :eek:

I think he hosts like 4 or 5 forums on it.

anyway, hell people can't even keep it down to one thread.

I say put a sticky up for each announcement, have one up there for general q&a (that's locked), a basic info, one on how to apply and the steps, etc.

Then do some sub forums... roommates, etc.

Oh yea... how about some new smiley's???? The ones we have are kinda old now... make the selection bigger for us to choose from!!

1985_drinking_pepsi_cola_soda.gif

1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif

1874_.gif

771_smiley_being_punched_through_his_computer_monitor.gif

756_fighting.gif

2403_worshipper.gif

I understand everyones frustrations....having sub forums, locking sticky's, limititing newbie's access to start a new thread or post will lead to dead forum.....What makes anyone think that newbies will read available information before they start a new thread or post? Although I do like boomersooner's idea.

I second the idea- lock newbie status from posting new threads, and I'd say up it so that newbies get switched to "Junior Status" after 60 posts, possibly 50 (I forget what it is now, but it should be upped)

Um... what happened to that post I quoted?!?!?

Back