Formation of ACE Committee(s)

Drew you would prolly end up driving more people away than invite any, especially with your southern twangy accent:laff::laff::laff:

I am available to help.

I also understand the differences between a non profit and for profit organization. At this point in time, until a 501 c(3) or c(6) is applied for and/or approved by the IRS, then JC or ACE is a for profit company. It doesn't matter if JC or ACE makes money or not. The determining factor is whether or not the IRS issued a letter confirming the 501 c(3) of c(6) non profit status.

You can not become a non profit by simply saying that you aren't making money or that you don't intend to make money. It just doesn't work that way. The IRS has to approve it. There is no guarantee that the IRS will approve any organization being a non profit. My experience tells me that, under the present structure, JC and ACE could not qualify as a non profit 501 c(3) or c(6).

By the way, there is nothing wrong with being a profit making corporation. Profit is not a dirty word.

My advise is to decide what you are really going to be and move forward with that plan.

I do not begrudge anyone many money off of something that they put a great deal of time, money and heartache into.

Joe

Back