Flying High w/Bieber

So because they are rock stars, they get a free pass on bringing it on board?

quite. also, it was a 55-freakin' (no pun intended)-min flight! Can't they hold for a mere hour without smoking? Cigarette smokers can, and for 15h trips!

Umm, what do they expect ferrying rock stars*** around? Of course they are on drugs. Of course they are drunk. Of course they behave like idiots. But they are also paying lots and lots of money to stay out of the evening news / jail.

(***okay, real rock stars would be on way better drugs, and have naked groupies instead of stoned teenagers in tow... )

This is why I stated that its not worth flying celebrities around when they are in image changing/enhancing mode, when they're just doing work they're usually pretty civilized.
I think the big question here is who owns the airplane, if its managed and not owned by the certificate holder then there is a good chance they'll get an earful at the very least, and quite possibly have it pulled from their certificate by an angry owner for showing such terrible judgement in who they chose to allow to charter it to. The company may see it as only money, but the airplane owner may view the airplane as an asset that they trusted them with.
:)

This is why I stated that its not worth flying celebrities around when they are in image changing/enhancing mode, when they're just doing work they're usually pretty civilized.
I think the big question here is who owns the airplane, if its managed and not owned by the certificate holder then there is a good chance they'll get an earful at the very least, and quite possibly have it pulled from their certificate by an angry owner for showing such terrible judgement in who they chose to allow to charter it to. The company may see it as only money, but the airplane owner may view the airplane as an asset that they trusted them with.
:)

That's is along the lines I was thinking. I believe losing the aircraft is far worse than losing the pop star. Getting that smell out is going to take some work.

On a side note. This is the type of discussions I wish was going on in the corporate/fractional thread.

As a corporate/fractional/charter pilot, how would you deal with this?

Imagine what the Super Bowl suite looked like after four hours with this group? BTW, Metlife Stadium is smoke-free: "In accordance with New Jersey State law, MetLife Stadium is SMOKE-FREE. Smoking is permitted along the fence line on the Plaza Level. Guests may not smoke in the East Hall or MetLife Central area or on/near the base of the stairways, ramps or escalators. Guests smoking electronic cigarettes are asked to adhere to the same policy."

There's statistics out there that state that 90% of corporate pilots don't where the oxygen mask when they should.
I used to WEAR mine every time I was above 35k until the airplane owner told me to stop because it "freaked out the wife" and also he was tired of paying for O2.

Now why can't Beiber move up to heroin and OD?

On a related note, did you guys see the follow-up stories to the Miami arrest? GPS logger shows he didn't exceed 27mph in the timeframe of the arrest and multiple security footage shows the two vehicles traveling single-file. DUI arrest? The underage limit is .02. He's probably going to walk on all counts after probable cause for the stop is questioned. He's a young punk with some problems but my embrace of just culture suggests reserving judgement until after the investigation has been completed. :)

Id have asked control where the best area was for turbulence and pointed the nose in that direction then Id have gone back there, pulled out the AED and smashed the probes to each of his temples.

On a related note, did you guys see the follow-up stories to the Miami arrest? GPS logger shows he didn't exceed 27mph in the timeframe of the arrest and multiple security footage shows the two vehicles traveling single-file. DUI arrest? The underage limit is .02. He's probably going to walk on all counts after probable cause for the stop is questioned. He's a young punk with some problems but my embrace of just culture suggests reserving judgement until after the investigation has been completed. :)
What about this part:
"He has been charged with three misdemeanor charges for DUI, resisting arrest without violence and for driving with an expired license. He had marijuana and Xanax in his system at the time."

"The police report said that Bieber had blood shot eyes, was flushed, in a stupor, smelled of alcohol and was incoherent. He failed a field sobriety test, miserably, they said. The drinking age in Florida is 21. In that state, there's zero tolerance for minors drinking alcohol.

His attitude was profane, insulting and cocky. When told he “reeked” of marijuana, Bieber said: “Yeah, we were smoking all night at the studio.” Police said Bieber “continuously forgot basic instructions,” and they believed he was purposefully not taking the test correctly. He performed the breathalyzer exam correctly only after police told him he would lose his license if he “refused” the test, according to the affidavit." Bieber's crew reportedly had blocked off the road with their cars to create an improvised drag strip.

Last edited:
Dear Biebs,
I hear you like drugs, but weed and xanax? Come on now! You tryin to get high or go to sleep? How would you like to feel the euphoria of a lifetime? Im pretty cheap and Kurt Cobain once called me " the ultimate motivator" I can help you write good songs too. I look forward to hearing from you soon my little she/boy.

Your Future BFF,
Heroin

Last edited:
What about this part:
"He has been charged with three misdemeanor charges for DUI, resisting arrest without violence and for driving with an expired license. He had marijuana and Xanax in his system at the time."
He's a screwed up kid and it certainly appears he's on a downward trajectory. That said, the police said he was pulled over for speeding and racing and there appears to be evidence to the contrary. He wasn't drunk by adult standards and he made the mistake of telling the cop he had smoked pot earlier in the day. "Resisting arrest without violence" is one of the most abused charges in law enforcement. Demand to be told why you have been pulled over before surrendering credentials and you are subject to arrest by • cops. Raise your voice or not allow the encounter to proceed at the pace demanded, resisting.

He's a screwed up kid but my guess is the police will not look good as evidence continues to be revealed.

In the normal position, it was my understanding the the EROS mask uses normal atmospheric air mixed with small amounts of oxygen based on cabin altitude. Only when the cabin altitude climbs or the pilot selects 100% does the oxygen start being used at 100%. In this scenario, a pilot could be wearing the mask above FL350 in the "N" position and use very little oxygen from the bottle.

Yes a little known fact. You can don the mask and not deplete the bottle.

He's a screwed up kid and it certainly appears he's on a downward trajectory. That said, the police said he was pulled over for speeding and racing and there appears to be evidence to the contrary. He wasn't drunk by adult standards and he made the mistake of telling the cop he had smoked pot earlier in the day. "Resisting arrest without violence" is one of the most abused charges in law enforcement. Demand to be told why you have been pulled over before surrendering credentials and you are subject to arrest by cops. Raise your voice or not allow the encounter to proceed at the pace demanded, resisting.

He's a screwed up kid but my guess is the police will not look good as evidence continues to be revealed.
I just added a bit more to my post above. He failed a field sobriety test and admitted to having been smoking week all night long at a recording studio. He has no valid drivers license. He had been drinking some and was also on prescription meds. The warnings form the drug manufacturer of Xanax state that you" should not consume any alcohol while taking the medication. This medication can increase the effects of alcohol. Xanax can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert."

He should have never been behind the wheel of a car in the first place. That is my major issue.

I just added a bit more to my post above. He failed a field sobriety test and admitted to having been smoking week all night long at a recording studio. He has no valid drivers license. He had been drinking some and was also on prescription meds. The warnings form the drug manufacturer of Xanax state that you" should not consume any alcohol while taking the medication. This medication can increase the effects of alcohol. Xanax can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert."

He should have never been behind the wheel of a car in the first place. That is my major issue.
The point of my post was that the facts have continued to emerge and the police have lost some credibility in the process. I certainly don't approve of underage drinking or driving impaired. The initial reports claimed he was drunk and drag racing. In fact, he might not have been drunk by adult standards, he might not have been operating the vehicle recklessly, and the DUI resulted from the lower BAC standard for those under 21 and his admission of drug use at undetermined levels.

The twist you missed is that I have been counseled in other posts to embrace "just culture" and did so in this case. That's the context you might have missed.

The point of my post was that the facts have continued to emerge and the police have lost some credibility in the process. I certainly don't approve of underage drinking or driving impaired. The initial reports claimed he was drunk and drag racing. In fact, he might not have been drunk by adult standards, he might not have been operating the vehicle recklessly, and the DUI resulted from the lower BAC standard for those under 21 and his admission of drug use at undetermined levels.

The twist you missed is that I have been counseled to embrace "just culture" and did so in this case. That's the context you might have missed.
I didn't miss the reference, I just don't think it applies.

His parents have never been married, live apart and his father parties his ass off with him, enables him, smokes weed and drinks with him and who knows what else, and is more concerned with living a certain lifestyle that his son's money is affording him, instead of being a parent. It would be great if he actually got some real help, direction and guidance for a change before it's too late.

The stories and negative encounters here from his neighbors for instance, have been going on for months and months and the police have been called several times on him for racing around his gated community (videos even taken), threatening people and other issues, and he's been nothing but a huge PITA, pulling all sorts of stunts and causing problems.

Last edited:
I didn't miss the reference, I just don't think it applies.

Fair enough.

I was fishing for a lighter moment with Seggy and Philosopher Pilot after some heated threads. Bieber could die in fire for all I care. As he is a role model for many kids, he has blood on his hands by minimizing the impact of drugs and alcohol.

Last edited:
Back