Flying a light jet over water

The oxygen bottle in a CJ3, with no pax, I think is for 2 hours. But with pax its loses, roughly 20 mins. But it all depends on what altitude you want to stay at. For a max distance flight, you might have only 30 minutes of oxygen in the bottle. Not enough. So you can get the portable 02 mask things. To allow the crew not to need to use the o2 bottle if a rapid decompression happens. The longest flight distance wise with 2 people, good tail wind, was soCal to ashville.

The oxygen bottle in a CJ3, with no pax, I think is for 2 hours. But with pax its loses, roughly 20 mins. But it all depends on what altitude you want to stay at. For a max distance flight, you might have only 30 minutes of oxygen in the bottle. Not enough. So you can get the portable 02 mask things. To allow the crew not to need to use the o2 bottle if a rapid decompression happens. The longest flight distance wise with 2 people, good tail wind, was soCal to ashville.

Cessna's done a crap job publishing anything useful regarding 02. You have tables for 1 or 2 crew and up to 8 pax. However, they fail to remember that it is a single pilot airplane, and people do actually fly it single pilot (at you CAE Simuflite)....When you fly it single pilot, legally you are sucking 02 above 350 continuously...Wish it gave figures for pilot on 02 continous, and three hours into flight an emergency, and pax then beginning to go on oxygen. I sort of hate cessna.

Also, FWIW...The longest Westbound leg I have ever flown in the CJ3 was Indy-Burbank, CA. I believe it was something like 1650 NM's. Topped off, summer, FL450, landed with approximately 45 minutes reserves.

Cessna's done a crap job publishing anything useful regarding 02. You have tables for 1 or 2 crew and up to 8 pax. However, they fail to remember that it is a single pilot airplane, and people do actually fly it single pilot (at you CAE Simuflite)....When you fly it single pilot, legally you are sucking 02 above 350 continuously...Wish it gave figures for pilot on 02 continous, and three hours into flight an emergency, and pax then beginning to go on oxygen. I sort of hate cessna.

Also, FWIW...The longest Westbound leg I have ever flown in the CJ3 was Indy-Burbank, CA. I believe it was something like 1650 NM's. Topped off, summer, FL450, landed with approximately 45 minutes reserves.

Its pretty funny that the most broken rule in aviation isn't even published in Cessna's O2 planning charts.

Oh wait. You said "Over the water".

Never mind.

Over, not INTO.

The narrative reads pretty well.

Additionally, runway 11 was a 2,948 foot-long, 100 foot-wide, asphalt runway.
Additionally, the airport diagram for Bader Field, was observed attached to the pilot's control column after the accident. A notation, which read, "airport closed to jet aircraft" was observed on the diagram.

According to the Cessna 525A Landing Distance Chart, an airplane with a landing weight of 11,400 pounds required 3,000 feet of landing distance, in a no wind situation. With a 10 knot tailwind, the airplane required 3,570 feet of landing distance.

Let me tell ya about those extra 52 feet. :eek2:

Over, not INTO.

Additionally, the airport diagram for Bader Field, was observed attached to the pilot's control column after the accident. A notation, which read, "airport closed to jet aircraft" was observed on the diagram.

According to the Cessna 525A Landing Distance Chart, an airplane with a landing weight of 11,400 pounds required 3,000 feet of landing distance, in a no wind situation. With a 10 knot tailwind, the airplane required 3,570 feet of landing distance.

AND the pinhead tried to sue Cessna claiming brake failure as the cause of the accident. This video saved the day (so to speak) because it clearly shows about 20' of skid marks.....

Is this crazy or ok? After Stellwagen recon I climbed to 7.5 and headed to the shore. Should I double the alt? How to calculate footprint?

torockland.jpg

overwater.jpg

Over, not INTO.

I've heard of a lot of honest dumb mistakes/pilot error resulting in accidents, but this one is just mind boggling. Some folks have no business flying high performance/jet aircraft, but I would go out on a limb and say this guy simply had no business flying anything.

Back