Flying a light jet over water

I've heard of a lot of honest dumb mistakes/pilot error resulting in accidents, but this one is just mind boggling. Some folks have no business flying high performance/jet aircraft, but I would go out on a limb and say this guy simply had no business flying anything.

Here's what the insurance company thought of his foray into the H20...

For real

The blue lines are his markings for hull depth.

The other being the X/TEN?

LOL. they should have foot markers on there like a real ship! ya the X would be the other. Now the longitude sounds like it could be another option when it arrives.

LOL. they should have foot markers on there like a real ship! ya the X would be the other. Now the longitude sounds like it could be another option when it arrives.

I've done LVK HNL in the X. We did not need to take extra O2 with only one PAX. With more PAX you need the O2.

Did you just have one bottle? I think the sovereign has the option for 2 76cuft bottles. Does the X have the same option?

Our single bottle X's don't even do the trip. The double bottles require additional O2 that we have to have delivered to the FBO before the trip - if there are over a certain amount of PAX. There is a chart to determine the amount of O2 required.

Back