Flights Per Day? (Regionals Excluded)

Shock-Diamonds

So I know that with a quick search you can find the size of all U.S. major carriers, however, this list is including all of the flights from regional carriers, and we as employees differentiate between the two, but we don’t differentiate the list. My question is, what does this list look like if we exclude the regional flights from AA, DL, UA, and AS? I’m guessing at least AS drops down a spot. Can we find out the true numbers?

*Flights per day claimed on each carrier’s website*
1. AA: 6,500+*
2. DL: 5,400+*
3. UA: 4,500+*
4. WN: 4,000+
5. AS: 1,100+*
6. B6: 1,000+
7. NK: 500+
8. F9: 500+

So I know that with a quick search you can find the size of all U.S. major carriers, however, this list is including all of the flights from regional carriers, and we as employees differentiate between the two, but we don’t differentiate the list. My question is, what does this list look like if we exclude the regional flights from AA, DL, UA, and AS? I’m guessing at least AS drops down a spot. Can we find out the true numbers?

*Flights per day claimed on each carrier’s website*
1. AA: 6,500+*
2. DL: 5,400+*
3. UA: 4,500+*
4. WN: 4,000+
5. AS: 1,100+*
6. B6: 1,000+
7. NK: 500+
8. F9: 500+
Sounds like you want the Bureau of Transportation Statistics T-100 data (click 'Analysis' next to the metric you want).

Ah, I was just going off what they had on their website.

Still interesting though that we don’t distinguish the “big 4, big 5” by operation size since working at AA vs. one of their regional partners etc. are completely different companies as far as employees.

I wanna say AAG is somewhere are 5000. Split about 50/50 Mainline vs the 3 regionals. Id say about 2500 without regionals

The numbers in the main post definitely have regionals included...

A few days ago DL had about 3,000 ML and 1,500 regional flights operating.

The numbers in the main post definitely have regionals included...

A few days ago DL had about 3,000 ML and 1,500 regional flights operating.

Ya and someone I know at UA said 2,400 on the day I asked. So could WN actually be #1 largest operator? AS is certainly #6 when you remove Horizon and SKW.

Ya and someone I know at UA said 2,400 on the day I asked. So could WN actually be #1 largest operator? AS is certainly #6 when you remove Horizon and SKW.
I don’t think it’s fair to even compare WN to any legacy without their regional carriers included.

Back