Flight Express Was Sold today!!

Back to studying, you! Hey, how do I know your avatar is an L or an early M model?

Hey, chekride isn't until Friday! That gives me um... well a little time to study. Oh yea and I sure would like to know how you tell.

Seems like they are hiring quite a bit around here and there are LOTS of ads out.

Hey, chekride isn't until Friday! That gives me um... well a little time to study. Oh yea and I sure would like to know how you tell.

Seems like they are hiring quite a bit around here and there are LOTS of ads out.

Look at the registration like a good little FLX pilot. HAHA!

Seriously, I hope the good tidings pan out. Although I'm going to be pissed if y'all are jet-setting around the country while I'm purchasing "web-savers" on southwest.com ;)

Gotta be good....gotta be good...karma's a...

Gear doors are closed on the ground. If you want to do an inspection of the well (you'll stop wanting to do this about your third flight), you have to pull some circuit breaker or another, stick your hand in, and hope you don't get the old guillotine. Plus, if it were a later-model N, the landing lights would be closer together. Ask Austin, I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you IN DETAIL.

Hope everything stays good, keep the faith, study hard, and DO NOT PARTY until after the checkride. You'll do fine.

PS. Tell those guys Matt C. from CPS says hi and wishes them all the best in their new plot to take over the world.

Not to hijack this thread but I see Ameriflight being sold in the near future. I don't see GR stickin around for along time.

Not to hijack this thread but I see Ameriflight being sold in the near future. I don't see GR stickin around for along time.

anything solid to back that up?

to the FLX guys... good luck! Hope your winds remain at your tails and your skys blue. Lets not have ANS squared.

Heard the rumors from the FBO at CPS, guess they were true! I think CASW will be safe. I don't think they are going to sell no matter how much money is put on the table. After all, I talked with the pres today, we might be taking a "new direction" from freight...

CW at Airnet just forwarded an email from the Airnet CEO saying that Airnet will be partnering with Flight Express. Thoughts?

He (CW) also said AirNet has begun to recall pilots, and that poolies should be sure to keep updating him with times. He seemed to insinuate that the SIC program is kaput.

He seemed to insinuate that the SIC program is kaput.
Yeah, that didn't really surprise me. In a market with plenty of experienced pilots, why would they hire below 135 mins? Sad really, that seemed like a pretty cool program. Oh well, what can you do?

CW at Airnet just forwarded an email from the Airnet CEO saying that Airnet will be partnering with Flight Express. Thoughts?
I thought CW was furloughed also!? Did they already bring him back, or was he never off property? Just sideline curiosity...

I thought CW was furloughed also!? Did they already bring him back, or was he never off property? Just sideline curiosity...

Well, I don't have the answer to your question... BUT I can tell you that communication with him has continued uninterrupted since the AirNet pilot furloughs occurred, and he certainly hasn't mentioned anything about being furloughed himself.

Yeah, that didn't really surprise me. In a market with plenty of experienced pilots, why would they hire below 135 mins? Sad really, that seemed like a pretty cool program. Oh well, what can you do?

Keep building flight time! Back when I interviewed (last spring) the thought of waiting until I had 135 mins seemed like an eternity... now it seems like no big deal. In addition, I've actually had a chance to do some real instructing, and I might even get my gold seal before I move on. So in the end, it the delay might end up actually being a good thing.

Airbear, Boris, and Braun oh and all of the other FLX'ers on here that care. I found out today that Gary Hillyer has left Flight Express about 2 weeks ago. He has a job with a hospital. Thats all the information I was able to obtain.

Too Bad he's gone. He'll probably turn the hospital into a M.A.S.H. outfit..

Airbear, Boris, and Braun oh and all of the other FLX'ers on here that care. I found out today that Gary Hillyer has left Flight Express about 2 weeks ago. He has a job with a hospital. Thats all the information I was able to obtain.

Not really sure what to make of all this. I'll try and stay positive until it turns into something not good but only time will tell.

Pythons Hillyer can take my rectal temperature any time!!!! :nana2::nana2::nana2:

I don't want to be Mr. Doom & Gloom either, but I think it would be a good idea not only to get the resumes updated as someone else suggested, but go a step further and get them sent out and try and get an interview somewhere. Bayside does not have a good track record as far as job security is concerned.

Back