Flight Express Was Sold today!!

Ernst and braunpilot are both totally strand up guys. If it comes out of their mouths, it's what they believe to be true. I wish I had more input, but of all the many and varied pilots I've known, I can't think of a group that would be less likely to try to shadily profit from someone else's loss than the FLX guys. IMHO, the way to look at this is as Mario and Luigi going in to a fight against a Boss. You're all on the same team.

I mean no disrepect to any Airnet pilot

I'm sure you didn't but it sure hits a nerve when someone like me is sitting with my thumb up my butt on furlough, still in shock, and then reading about someone even speculating how nice it would be to take an Airnet run.

In the end we are all just freight dogs trying to make a living guys, no sense in getting all emotional with each other.

JK is a cool hand and a business genious. I shall ponder his motive.

Here's the news release at Bayside Capital, Inc;

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:

John Caple
jcaple@bayside.com
Andrew Brown
abrown@bayside.com

Bayside Capital.
1001 Brickell Bay Drive
Miami, FL 33131
Ph: (305) 379-8686​

BAYSIDE CAPITAL ACQUIRES FLIGHT EXPRESS, INC.
MIAMI, FL– November 3, 2008 – Bayside Capital, Inc. ("Bayside") announced today that its affiliate has acquired Flight Express, Inc. (“Flight Express”). Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Flight Express is a premier provider of high-security, same-day air courier services to banking and life sciences customers in the South and Midwest. Flight Express is the world’s largest operator of Cessna 210 aircraft and operates 84 aircraft from facilities in eight states.​

John Kirchhoefer, President of Flight Express, said, "In Bayside, we have a new partner that shares our commitment to excellent customer service, safety and reliability. We look forward to working with Bayside to continue to grow the business.”​
John Caple, of Bayside, said, "We have long admired the business that John Kirchhoefer and his team at Flight Express have built. We plan to work closely with the organization to continue their success.”
About Flight Express, Inc.
Flight Express, Inc. provides value-added, time-critical aviation services to a diverse set of customers in the most service-intensive, cost-effective manner possible. Flight Express operates dedicated charters that provide expedited transportation services to banks, life sciences companies and other time-critical small package shippers across the South and Midwest. For more information, visit Flight Express's website at www.flightexpress.com.
About Bayside Capital
Bayside Capital is a private investment firm which actively invests in the debt and equity of middle market companies that can benefit from operational enhancements, improved access to capital, or balance sheet realignments. With the ability to provide capital through a broad array of securities including senior and subordinated debt, equity, Debtor-In-Possession facilities, and special situation loans, Bayside has the experience and resources to help companies quickly resume growth initiatives and improve their strategic position. Bayside Capital is an affiliate of H.I.G. Capital, a leading global private equity investment firm specializing in acquisitions and recapitalizations of middle market businesses. Based in Miami, Florida, and with offices in Atlanta, Boston, and San Francisco in the U.S. as well as, affiliate offices in London, Hamburg and Paris in Europe, H.I.G. is one of the most active private equity investors in small and medium-sized companies. We have in excess of $7.5 billion of committed equity capital to support our investment activities. In the last decade, we have invested in over 200 companies with combined revenues of over $7 billion. For more information, please refer to the Bayside Capital website at www.bayside.com.

In Airnet's Dispatch there's a long list of new airplanes on the board. Interpret as you wish...

Let me trot out the ole logbook...actually this will just be memory-recall hall of shame/fame. Any of these on the wall at airnet?

Fame: 4073C, 2145U, 221AT, 995HE, 9099S, 29209

Shame: 59141, 777BK, 761BQ, 965B, 112BS, 5171V (I swear to this day that if I ever see this plane unattended on a ramp at night, it burns).

Let me trot out the ole logbook...actually this will just be memory-recall hall of shame/fame. Any of these on the wall at airnet?

Fame: 4673C, 2145U, 221AT, 995HE, 9099S, 29209

Shame: 59141, 777BK, 761BQ, 965B, 112BS, 5171V (I swear to this day that if I ever see this plane unattended on a ramp at night, it burns).

:yeahthat: I would add 93028 to the shame list though. Then again, I get to rescue it from M19 on Sunday. I would add 732LW and 6419B to the Fame list. :nana2: Austin recently went up to Columbus to copy all of Airnet's Hazmat training. Guess I am going to have to study up on Hazmat considering I only carry proof work anymore.

Back