Flight Express Was Sold today!!

I don't want to be Mr. Doom & Gloom either, but I think it would be a good idea not only to get the resumes updated as someone else suggested, but go a step further and get them sent out and try and get an interview somewhere. Bayside does not have a good track record as far as job security is concerned.
No ####.

The future is promising and I'm an extremely happy team member. It said so on the internet, must be true.

I don't want to be Mr. Doom & Gloom either, but I think it would be a good idea not only to get the resumes updated as someone else suggested, but go a step further and get them sent out and try and get an interview somewhere. Bayside does not have a good track record as far as job security is concerned.

Did you think of that all on your own?:banghead:

The future is promising and I'm an extremely happy team member. It said so on the internet, must be true.

Yeah....:banghead:

Did you think of that all on your own?:banghead:
That was directed towards the people who said they were told that nothing was going to change and everything would remain as normal. We were told the same thing at Airnet, then four months later I'm standing in the Soup Kitchen line, and most pilot jobs are taken. So I'm saying instead of crossing your fingers, holding your breath, and hoping you're going to have a job in the next couple months, to get out there and see if you can find a job, while there's still a few left.

For example...

I talked to one of the dispatchers that I trust and Bayside does not want to do anything else but see how the operation works for awhile.

Probably means nothing anytime soon.

but FLX did get bought out by Bayside and nothing is going to change right now.

It's always a good idea to have your resume updated and ready to print. I know braunpilot, and I doubt he's sitting fat, dumb and happy. Although with that run it would be tempting... ;)

Nevertheless, if I were at FLX, especially with seniority enough to hold a very cushy baron run, I wouldn't be jumping ship just yet. I would, I grant you, be "nervous", but then that's pretty much an endemic condition in freight.

Actually, I talked to Ernst yesterday after my checkride and he said that there are no cuts that are going to be made and that he hasn't heard anything in any of the meetings that would concern him. I guess long term it might offer FLX guys a chance to jump into the Van or other Airnet equipment. He said FLX has always run quite lean and cutting pilots would require losing runs. He seemed pretty positive about the whole thing.

Actually, I talked to Ernst yesterday after my checkride and he said that there are no cuts that are going to be made and that he hasn't heard anything in any of the meetings that would concern him. I guess long term it might offer FLX guys a chance to jump into the Van or other Airnet equipment. He said FLX has always run quite lean and cutting pilots would require losing runs. He seemed pretty positive about the whole thing.
Over my dead body.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for that rumor to start and where the discussion would go from there. Now I know!

I also heard that if you were at flight express longer than someone was at Airnet in a lear you can boot them out:laff:

Just for clarification in upup's post, Ernst just said "don't worry". The part about Lears and Vans and Flyin-Stealin etc was personal theeeeeorizin on his part. Now, let's all be friends.

stapler.jpg

Just for clarification in upup's post, Ernst just said "don't worry". The part about Lears and Vans and Flyin-Stealin etc was personal theeeeeorizin on his part. Now, let's all be friends.
I got nothing but respect for FLX guys. Just don't think you can come out and talk about flying other peoples airplanes and expect no emotion. Worry about your first few days on the line instead of the possibility of flying other people's airplanes.

I heard you were a • and left without telling me.
How did the • get past the censor? Anyways, yes I did. Moving on to greener pastures. At least it always looks greener on the other side. I'll let you know once the ball gets rollin. I'll still be in Dallas though.

I got nothing but respect for FLX guys. Just don't think you can come out and talk about flying other peoples airplanes and expect no emotion. Worry about your first few days on the line instead of the possibility of flying other people's airplanes.

I appreciate that mikecweb. I got nothing but respect for the guys at Airnet either! SERIOUSLY I AM JUST REPEATING WHAT I HEARD FROM ERNST, DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AT FLIGHT EXPRESS.

First, Airnet doesn't own FLX nor does FLX own Airnet.
Second, No FLX pilot can fly an Airnet run unless it is chartered to us and vice versa.
Third, No change in management at either company.
Fourth, The only changes will be if FLX overlaps Airnet and vice versa. Which from what I can gather, ISN'T MUCH.

I want to be the first to tell you that I DO NOT want to take ANY run away from ANY Airnet pilot. I think it would be wrong for us to slide into a Van or Lear run. Whatever I can do to STOP A FLX GUY FROM STEALING A RUN I WILL DO. Boris has known me for over a year and knows that I don't try to get my way by crying foul. I would rather do it the right way than take a short cut.

If you want more explaination or any other details PM me and I will be happy to give you my email or cell number to let you know what I have heard from HIM (Ernst). If I hear any differently I will be the first person to post what the change is and how it affects both companies, if I know. Seriously, I mean no disrepect to any Airnet pilot and, yes, I have all my times up-to-date as necessary.

The biggest change we SHOULD see is in MX. If Airnet can do something cheaper than FLX than FLX goes through Airnet and vice versa. For example, FLX can get engines cheaper for the Baron than FLX will get all the engines and Airnet just buys them from FLX. Saves money, and if Airnet can do avionics work cheaper for FLX than Airnet does all the avionics work.

Again, I DO NOT WANT TO STEAL A RUN FROM ANYBODY, ACTIVE OR FURLOUGHED, AT AIRNET. If you have questions that you want me to answer directly PM me. My DO was reading off of the email that YOU GOT AT AIRNET. I still have not seen it! I would love to get my hands on it. My next checkride will be from the FLX Cheif Pilot and NOT an Airnet Check Airmen. I cannot afford the five weeks of training unless they pay me my run pay while in training. They aren't going to pay me that, I can almost promise you! I am in the top third of the seniority list at FLX. I certainly do not want to piss anybody off at Airnet, pilot or otherwise.

The only gain that FLX has at Airnet now is that we get preffered hiring status over someone walking off the street, again vice versa at FLX for Airnet. So unless you see any pilots at airnet walking over to FLX, which I don't, we shouldn't have very many problems AS OF RIGHT NOW.

Again if you have more questions that I can answer or information that you want me to try and get, PM me and I will answer them or try to find out that information.

As a side note. I will give out my cell phone not to get yelled at about how stupid I may or may not be. I am doing this in good faith for the pilots of both companies. I would not do this if I didn't believe what I am hearing coming from Ernst. He doesn't want to screw anybody over. In fact he has been one of the best persons to talk to within FLX since I have been there.

Boris I appreciate the vote of confidance, and upup, I hope to meet you on Monday when you show up to the hangar. Bob, a Lear pilot??? God help us all.:panic:

Man, Didn't mean to start a little war here. Really all I've heard is that I don't need to worry. I meant to throw the tag on. I guess thats what you get for trying to post and play NCAA at the same time. On a side note I was trying make a goal line stand against USC. Many apologies...

Back