Fitbit?

Sorry to keep bringing this thread back up.

I finally decided to get myself a Fitbit Flex and saw @Derg and @wildfreightess talking about a JC group. Is there one? I'm probably just looking in the wrong place. Searching through this thread I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Which one did you get? Thinking of getting one.

Get one! Get one! Get one!

I have the Fitbit "One." I like it because I can clip it to the inside of my pocket or the waistband of my workout clothes and not have to wear a bracelet every day. It comes with a velcro band that you can use for sleep tracking (when I remember where I put the darn thing), and you can customize the greeting. Mine calls me "Squeak." I have it synced to Myfitnesspal, and when I use Myfitnesspal, it's pretty sweet.

I bought my mom a fitbit "zip," which also clips to your hip for about $20 cheaper. It doesn't track sleep, but she's not interested in that anyway.

I think the "Flex" is quite popular, too. So, do what you feel. But get one!

Get one! Get one! Get one!

I have the Fitbit "One." I like it because I can clip it to the inside of my pocket or the waistband of my workout clothes and not have to wear a bracelet every day. It comes with a velcro band that you can use for sleep tracking (when I remember where I put the darn thing), and you can customize the greeting. Mine calls me "Squeak." I have it synced to Myfitnesspal, and when I use Myfitnesspal, it's pretty sweet.

I bought my mom a fitbit "zip," which also clips to your hip for about $20 cheaper. It doesn't track sleep, but she's not interested in that anyway.

I think the "Flex" is quite popular, too. So, do what you feel. But get one!

+1 The one is great, outstanding battery life. Only flaw I saw was it thought some of the Jeepney rides in the Philippines were stair climbs. Think it logged 54 flights of stairs one day :)

+1 The one is great, outstanding battery life. Only flaw I saw was it thought some of the Jeepney rides in the Philippines were stair climbs. Think it logged 54 flights of stairs one day :)

FYI

gP4Btmo.png

Do you take the fitbit off when on the treadmill? The calorie count on it for steps is no where close to what the treadmill says. Ideas?

jskibo said:
I use the app to log exercise during the hours (oh who am I kidding, minutes) I do it, Fitbit seems to delete the steps during that time and replace it with active time and calorie burns from the exercises selected

Guess I need to play with it more. Didn't know I had to tell it I was sleeping last night to see what that will say.

Back